VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    I was going by the claims on their website with the big green dancing checkmarks -- looks like I got suckered by some fancy footwork. B&H says: "Realtime hardware encoding, 1920 x 1080 8/10-bit 4:2:2 to: " Atomos neglects the "to."
    Yes, that's what I saw that made me think it recorded uncompressed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    Easy-cut methods very likely to have glitches and audio de-synch.
    I don't know what you count as "easy cut", but certainly VideoReDo (which is paid software with a free trial so you can check whether it works before paying) does work, and the countless NLEs that Smart Render do work.

What the terminally picky (that's me ) might notice is that there's a slight drop in quality within the re-encoded GOP at the edit point. It's brief, but on challenging footage it's visible.

People were plugging portable HDMI recorders into the HDMI output of Canon HV20s to get live near-lossless (or sometimes mathematically lossless with a RAID setup) capture years ago. The result was visibly better quality than the HDV supported by the camcorder itself.

Personally, I think you should try the normal way of doing things, and only go for these more difficult and convoluted methods if you find the normal way isn't good enough. That said, the quality you get on first generation HDV and AVCHD is something that can't be matched in subsequent re-encoding, so if you really care and are willing to take the cost and convenience hit, go for it and capture live near-lossless.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  3. just to update:

i have installed ffmpeg and in the terminal window i use:

ffmpeg -i input.MTS -ss 00:00:00.000 -to 00:00:00.000 -c copy output.MTS

to cut the videos.

to join i use

ffmpeg ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy output.MTS

actually i first joined all the MTS clips this way and then used that file cut the segments from.

as far as i can see their ia no lipsync problems using this way. the source files are MTS that uses avchd and aac audio 5.1.

please note that you must use that the text file that has the file has to be joined and their paths us the following syntax:

file 'c:\part1.Mts'

use backslashes and describe the entire path in this

file 'c:\users\desktop\part1.MTS'
    file 'c:\users\desktop\part2.MTS'

etc.

the files must be in the order in which you want them joined.

remember that the name of the text file must be the same as in the command you type and must be in the same folder that output file is in created in as well as that you must be in the folder where you want the folder to be created such as:

c:\users\desktop>ffmpeg ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy output.MTS

well i hope this helps

thanks

please note that i am a complete noob with all of this and thanks for all the replies.

i also use handbrake to compress as it is the program that is said to compress the file to 10 percent of its original size that has the least loss of quality.

thanks
    Last edited by oduodui; 14th Apr 2015 at 04:51.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    Of course you can. VideoReDo TV Suite does it perfectly. It's not meant for editing home movies though.
    What do you mean VRD is not meant for editing home movies ?

Video ReDo version 5 will import your video, do frame accurate cuts, and join back together using its "Smart Rendering" process, something that not many other editing tools can do, so you basically end up with your edited video in its original format, and if it is a h264 source file (such as avchd mts video) you can output the video to ts, m2ts, mp4, mkv container and still not have it re-encode the video.

I use it to edit and add titles to my 1080/50p avchd (MTS) camera video and smart render it into an M2TS or MP4 container, and the only bits that are rendered are just around the cuts, and the title frames, and as a guide, if i import a 30 minute video file, make say 10 short cuts, add a title and a credit to the end, i can have the output completed in around 20 seconds to 1 minute (as an example)

I can also import multiple 1080/50p MTS video files and stitch them together using the Smart Render tool as well, takes even less time than doing it with cuts in the video.

This program is such an underrated tool, and i have been using it exclusively now for near on 2 years, starting off with version 4, and then i became of of the first version 5 Beta testers earlier in 2014, which has just recently been released, and i have just moved over to their Professional version now that i am stepping up to shooting 4k video.

VRD also has an amazing user forum that is actually manned by the actual developers of the software, and they are always there to help.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm
    http://videoredo.com/pro/index_pro.html
    Last edited by glenpinn; 26th Dec 2014 at 18:47.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just a general question.

- It's VRD = Video Redo can adjust volume levels when is working with diff. sort videos clips that have diff. volume levels from: loud, lows and in between?
    - It's a program out-there that will tell me the dB's of the video clips, so I can adjust the volume manually on all the video files with a higher accuracy like a collections-style ?
    'cos mediainfo can't do it.

P.S.
    I think is a new plug-in for AVStoDVD that adjust diff. volumes levels and I only hope it will be integrated on their new update.
    Thx. @ _MrC_ , collaborators and replay'ers in advance.
    Last edited by DJ_ValBec; 26th Dec 2014 at 19:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use VideoReDo TV suite but haven't upgraded it for a while. I didn't know it now allows you to add titles to the videos.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    I use VideoReDo TV suite but haven't upgraded it for a while. I didn't know it now allows you to add titles to the videos.
    VRD recently upgraded to the new version 5 after 2 years with version 4, and the new features are wonderful, and they also have a pro version for around $220us, with slightly more features, and will be adding more to it in the near future, including more 4k support than it currently has.

version 5 also has the ability to import certain 4k formats for output to 1080p h264 at high bitrates.

Here is my latest Video, you can see the main title, and you can add sub title frames between different scenes, and a credit at the end, or you can agg a graphics image and add text to that as a title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH_H2meHFHA

VRD has grown into what i consider to be the best single timeline editing and encoding tool on the market, and with its frame accurate cutting and brilliant Smart Rendering, you get a great package.

we can even convert videos to elementary streams (rip out the audio track) and import external Audio tracks (music) to add to the video.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can VRD burn Blurays?
    How is it compared to Roxio Creator? should I use VRD to edit and Roxio to burn to blueray? More general to burn blueray files (Mpeg4 or is it ACHsometing to DVD? Does only a computer read these or also a DVD and or Bluray player?
    --sorry, don't mean to get off topic here, very new to this topic. The more I read the less I realize that I know.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by AVMiii View Post
    Can VRD burn Blurays?
    How is it compared to Roxio Creator? should I use VRD to edit and Roxio to burn to blueray? More general to burn blueray files (Mpeg4 or is it ACHsometing to DVD? Does only a computer read these or also a DVD and or Bluray player?
    --sorry, don't mean to get off topic here, very new to this topic. The more I read the less I realize that I know.
    Hi, unfortunately VRD does not yet author and burn Bluray, it is in the pipeline, so only Dvd authoring with menus is supported, but you can edit your files (has a very nice frame accurate cutting and joining tool) and make them Bluray compliant, ready to take into another program to Author and burn, and it also has a great feature called Smart Rendering, which i use all the time after doing my edits and adding titles.

VRD was not originally intended to do a lot of the stuff it does now, and it is now way more that its name suggests (VideoReDo TV Suite) and i love it, definately by far the best single timeline editing program i have ever used, and i now use the Professional version as i am moving up to shooting 4k soon, and need the added support that Pro offers me.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Gentleman thanks for all the replies. in general my problem has been solved as i now understand the limitations of the equipment i use.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!