VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a TV series on DVD that is in stereo and 5.1. I wanted to separate the dialogue from the music/sound fx, so I demuxed the vob files with Pazera into an AC3. I then added a plug in to audacity and put the AC3 in there and got 6 separate channels.

My friend has the same TV series by a different company. He sent me over an ISO of one of the discs so I could compare it to mine (the sound fx are supposed to be different). I could not load the ISO through Daemon Tools (there was some kind of a problem) but I was at least able to open up the video files and see the .vob files in daemon tools. I could play 4 out of the 7 vob files (each vob files was an episode) with VLC player with no problem. The other ones had bad sector errors for whatever reason.

I took one of the playable vob files and went through the same demux/extraction process to get the 6 channels. But there were only two(?!). I thought that maybe Pazera couldn't handle this kind of vob and I tried with pgcdemux, vobedit and vobrator. But they all produced AC3's that had only two files (dialogue, sound fx and music on both-stereo).

Is it possible there was something corrupt in the file that was taking out the extra channels? this seems unlikely to me or else I wouldn't have been able to play any of the vob files I would think. Are the extra channels hiding somewhere??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The 5.1 was probably just downmixed to stereo by the program your friend used.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You are not going to "separate the dialogue from the music/sound fx" anyway so don't worry about it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I record 'Grimm' OTA and find the music channels very intrusive.
    By using Audacity to save only the centre channel the dialog isn't overwhelmed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    The 5.1 was probably just downmixed to stereo by the program your friend used.
    I've never heard of a ISO creator that did something like that, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I'm asking him to send over just one of the vob files and I am going to try that instead.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!