VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys.
    So I am using the simple windows live movie maker because all i wanna do is to make my 1080p footage into a simple little film by just cutting and rearranging the .mts clips. The quality of the clips in live movie maker are decreased but seem fine after exporting. However my problem is I can't seem to find a way too merge clips into one. People say that the program does it automatically when you exprt the video but my problem is that each new clip has a few seconds of where its not playing in the beginning. It does this after exporting too. the only way I have found so far to fix this is to add a transition but I don't want a transition for every shot! What gives?
    Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What camera? Didn't your camera come with software to merge clips? I know most Sony cameras come with software that does it. Do you have the latest version of Movie Maker? Did you use the 'Import from device' option?

I think tsMuxeR or MKVMergeGUI will also merge mts files.
    Last edited by TreeTops; 20th Oct 2014 at 11:37. Reason: Added tsMuxeR
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    What camera? Didn't your camera come with software to merge clips? I know most Sony cameras come with software that does it. Do you have the latest version of Movie Maker? Did you use the 'Import from device' option?

I think tsMuxeR or MKVMergeGUI will also merge mts files.
    I have a Panasonic HDC-TM99. The software that came with it is HD Writer AE 3.0 and to my knowledge it doesn't even let you export to the PC. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of windows live movie maker. In movie maker itself the beginning and end of clips have a little film roll bit that seems to just be a still shot. It's seems like its purposely there to be filled with a transition. This makes it impossible to not use transitions because every change of scene or shot woulkd have a short pause before footage continues. So I thought the easiest way to get rid of it and have continous footage is by merging clips that i don't want a transition for BUT it doesn't look to me like there even is a merge tool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	movmaker pic.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	28058
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!