VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Me and my roommate both decided that it would be best to record TV shows so that we can watch it later and not disturb each other. In our dorm, the TV runs on the Digital QAM256 and we also need the antenna for other channels. Is there a turner that we can use to hook up to the laptop from an antenna and also thecoaxial connector from the wall, not at the same time obliviously. I am looking at the WinTV-HVR-955Q and want to know if it would work with the QAM256 and antenna. Are there any other ones that might be better. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by qwerty480 View Post
    Me and my roommate both decided that it would be best to record TV shows so that we can watch it later and not disturb each other. In our dorm, the TV runs on the Digital QAM256 and we also need the antenna for other channels. Is there a turner that we can use to hook up to the laptop from an antenna and also thecoaxial connector from the wall, not at the same time obliviously. I am looking at the WinTV-HVR-955Q and want to know if it would work with the QAM256 and antenna. Are there any other ones that might be better. Thanks
    I'm going to assume you have laptops not desktops. The SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual would give you two tuners. It is a network device that connects to the LAN port of a PC or router instead of using a USB 2.0 Port. It can tune ATSC from and antenna, as well as QAM 256, assuming the QAM 256 channel is not encrypted by your cable TV provider.

Newegg has a promo code for the SiliconDust HD Homerun Dual but you will need to act quickly: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815345015
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Oct 2014 at 18:42.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!