VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an avi file that I need to edit. It has regular English audio that has been voiced over with Russian audio. You can hear both the English and Russian at the same time. I want to edit the file, deleting the Russian audio that was poorly added over the English audio. It only has one audio track, so can't just switch between audios using my player. How do I open it up and remove the added audio?

Software? Anything you can suggest to help me will be greatly appreciated!

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section, didn't know where to put it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    What you have is not "dual audio", and apparently you'd better find a different copy of that clip:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366998-2-channels-of-audio-1-Russian-2-English-Only...=1#post2344590
    Quote Quote  
  3. Apparently it's also common in Russia to encode two mono audio tracks as stereo -- with one track in phase on both channels, the other out of phase. You can then downmix back to mono to get the track you want. If you downmix as-is you get one language, if you invert one channel then downmix you get the other language. Apparently their TVs have this option. Your player or sound card might have a downmix to mono option. Or you can do it with audio editing software.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!