i have seen in many video
    and i like the smoke effect with the text SuanEffects

you can see here in the beggining
    http://youtu.be/83B4vLiyFeQ

may i know which program can do it? the black smoke effect and the text

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Someone probably will know on here.

But you could always post a comment on his video or send him a tweet on his twitter (as he's active on that).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    Someone probably will know on here.

But you could always post a comment on his video or send him a tweet on his twitter (as he's active on that).
    hi
    i send a private message 4 days ago but he did not answer
    but i see this effect in many videos
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You will never be able to do that unless you're a motion graphics artist. Doesn't matter what software you obtain. It's not a canned effect, it's custom made from the ground up.

People that do that will never help you learn because that's their bread and butter. Just like an artist or magician will never reveal their methods.

Sure, After Effects, Blender, Cinema 4D, Hifilm, Boris, all have the tools. But the mechanics of building it out is a very steep learning curve. You're better off to buy an effect somewhere.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.
    Last edited by budwzr; 29th Sep 2014 at 19:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    You will never be able to do that unless you're a motion graphics artist. Doesn't matter what software you obtain. It's not a canned effect, it's custom made from the ground up.

People that do that will never help you learn because that's their bread and butter. Just like an artist or magician will never reveal their methods.

Sure, After Effects, Blender, Cinema 4D, Hifilm, Boris, all have the tools. But the mechanics of building it out is a very steep learning curve. You're better off to buy an effect somewhere.

Oh come on.... Mr. Negative

But After Effects, Trapcode Particular are the usual suspects. This type of effect is very common you should be able to find many similar tutorials

oh wait.. what is this ? anyone recognize this ? Hahaha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_rDw_5mE8Q

You can even download the template
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Oops, never mind. Poisondeathray beat me to that AfterEffects tip.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha, that's like watching a canvas painter draw a portrait and telling you "OK, just put some paint here, and smudge it up there, and there you go!

I'm not like you guys, that everything is doable, and a commodity. I value and appreciate the artist's skill.

Last edited by budwzr; 29th Sep 2014 at 20:01.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Hahaha, that's like watching a canvas painter draw a portrait and telling you "OK, just put some paint here, and smudge it up there, and there you go!

I'm not like you guys, that everything is doable, and a commodity. I value and appreciate the artist's skill.

That effect (and many similar to it) is all over the place. Even the OP says so "i have seen in many video ..."

You should appreciate the artists' skill and ideas if they are original. Not some rehash of a tutorial. Then it becomes mechanical. "SuanEffects" didn't even change the friggen color scheme LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just sayin', whether it's plagiarized doesn't matter. Of course art is plagiarized all the time. You still need a ton of experience. You guys did your job pointing in the right direction, and I'm adding that it's still going to be a long slog.

Maybe the OP is a budding particle guru that will take the ball and run with it. If so, I wish him well.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    I'm just sayin', whether it's plagiarized doesn't matter. Of course art is plagiarized all the time. You still need a ton of experience. You guys did your job pointing in the right direction, and I'm adding that it's still going to be a long slog.

Maybe the OP is a budding particle guru that will take the ball and run with it. If so, I wish him well.

OK I agree you need to know the basics first . If OP doesn't know what a "keyframe" is, then there is some basic learning to do first

But in the grand scheme of things, I would categorize this on the "simpler" side of your "typical" after effects project . It's actually not that involved.

The fact that you see this type of particle reveal or ink splatter reveal all over the place should suggest that it's quite simple to do. There are many of tutorials just like it or very similar effects . You don't even have to do the work, just download a template and customize it (at least change the color scheme LOL )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    But in the grand scheme of things, I would categorize this on the "simpler" side of your "typical" after effects project . It's actually not that involved.
    True.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Though not as clean, you can do it for free with Aviutl. There are limited particles to choose from. I would have to create my own custom particle to better simulate that smoke/ink effect.

Here I just used one of the existing particles for a quick simple test.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a lot more than custom particles. In fact, smoke is included already in probably all the particle generators. You don't need to create it. The tricky part is the choreography and physics involved.

Also, the tools are numerous and don't share the same toolbox. Nor do all the tools fit on the screen, so you have to dig around a lot. Meanwhile, the keyframed rows get denser, more complicated, and tedious. One mistake and you may not even be able to find the error.

I'm trying to learn this stuff myself and it's a slow process to absorb. You have to learn a whole new vocabulary and ways of envisioning everything. It's like one of those machines at the restaurant with the crane that drops down to pick up a toy and you only have controls outside the cage.

It's frustrating and you have to have a knack for it, or wait for your knack to come. Hahaha. So far my knack hasn't evolved.
    Last edited by budwzr; 30th Sep 2014 at 01:12.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post

Oh come on.... Mr. Negative

But After Effects, Trapcode Particular are the usual suspects. This type of effect is very common you should be able to find many similar tutorials

oh wait.. what is this ? anyone recognize this ? Hahaha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_rDw_5mE8Q

You can even download the template
    hi
    thanks a lot
    i was sure i need a smoke video (already made) to create this effects
    instead after efects can create the smoke ..
    i'm a novice
    bought lynda tutorial , hope to learn something
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by burnman99 View Post
    thanks !
    i will download the video , and i will watch very carefull to learn
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was considering a lynda tutorial too. Let us know if it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    there are so many lynda tutorials , that i'm consindering which should i buy...

maybe Premiere Pro CC Essential Training and After Effects CC Essential Training (even there is a lot of cinema 4d videos )

they should teach me something , i hope
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you know there are a lot of things that you can not find in lynda tutorials

for example i would like to know if i can use an external encoder

for example create a project with premiere or after effects , and use an external encoder to render it , in short a program like TEncoder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That Lynda site is very disorganized. I was disappointed.

Blender has a lot of free tutorials. The concepts are the same between programs, but the methods and terminology differ.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i watched the all movie
    but blender looks harder then after effects
    maybe i'm wrong
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by rama View Post
    hi
    i watched the all movie
    maybe i'm wrong
    As i understand you are not interested in pixel to smoke or similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CGOh-jb4QM#t=255 (watch approx 50 sec to understand effect) - in video example provided at beginning it is just smoke like (or rather particle effect that is similar to dye placed on liquid - more dense than smoke particle in air) that covering some string and string is removed (faded to background) this effect should be way easier than real pixel/objects particle transformation).
    And yes, Blender is not easy but for sure is for free and it offer quality comparable to way more expensive software.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=pandy;2348770]
    Originally Posted by rama View Post
    As i understand you are not interested in pixel to smoke or similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CGOh-jb4QM#t=255 (watch approx 50 sec to understand effect) - in video example provided at beginning it is just smoke like (or rather particle effect that is similar to dye placed on liquid - more dense than smoke particle in air) that covering some string and string is removed (faded to background) this effect should be way easier than real pixel/objects particle transformation).
    well i like the begining of the video http://youtu.be/83B4vLiyFeQ
    it's nice to start a personal video

And yes, Blender is not easy but for sure is for free and it offer quality comparable to way more expensive software.
    i agree 100% , blender is an amazing program and it's FREE , would like to know how use it
    i gave a look to after effects and seems easier then blender
    don't know why, maybe because i'm used to work with other adobe programs
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by rama View Post
    maybe i'm wrong

Blender is primarily 3D software, AE is really "2.5D" (it deals with flat layers like photoshop, although it has z-space, it's 2D layers in 3D space). They aren't really comparable. There are plugins that give AE more 3D like functionality like Element3D .

Blender is very powerful, but has a poor interface/GUI. It's really an incredible program for free

AE has 2 particle generators built in, but the one used in that video is Trapcode Particular. It's really the "gold standard" for 2D particle generators. Many of the effects you seen in movies, TV, have use it for years.

The Lynda Essentials would be a good place to start, but there are lots of free beginner to advanced tutorials at videocopilot.net, aetutsplus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might like HitFilm2.

I'm pretty sure the way they made that "smoke" pattern is really more complex than it appears. I think they're using the concept of mobile emitters. Each particle releases sub-particles that decay and loop differently.

Imagine it like a squadron of bombers flying by and each one releasing bomblets that have their own flight characteristics. The bomblets have a short decay time and do a little spiral with a short contrail.

And the motions of the whole cloud itself is maybe a deform, or perhaps a deflector. There are lots of invisible forces that can be applied. That's where the art comes in.

Update: I watched the video and what I wrote above is wrong. He used a Turbulance force to create the smokey look. I'm intrigued by this, and got some good motivation to try it myself.
    Last edited by budwzr; 30th Sep 2014 at 17:49.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by rama View Post

for example create a project with premiere or after effects , and use an external encoder to render it , in short a program like TEncoder

You can from premiere, with frameserving with advanced frameserver or debugmode frameserver; but no frameserver exists from AE.

I recommend exporting an RGB "master" from AE , usually an image sequence, which you use then to encode for several versions of the video. You might have several destination formats, eg.. maybe one for devices, one for blu-ray, one for web, maybe different resolutions etc... So instead of having to re-render all the slow effects, calculations, multiple times - you have a high quality "master" archived. Final format video encoding is slower when you have to do it directly from AE, because in addition to rendering all the effects, encoders often have a "lookahead" function to reference past/previous frames (temporal compression), not I-frame or image sequence formats that only look at 1 frame at a time

Additionally, if something crashes , your previous rendered work is saved with an image sequence. If you use a video format like AVI, MOV etc... often it's corrupted, you have to start all over. Also, if something changes in your project, maybe you want to change small part of the animation timing, it's easier to replace those images. "Video" formats don't support 32bit linear workflow either, which is used in all high end VFX work - typically EXR is used. For those reasons, VFX artists typically use image sequences, especially out of 3D programs where you uses multiple passes and layers for compositing.

You might like HitFilm2.

Update: I watched the video and what I wrote above is wrong. He used a Turbulance force to create the smokey look. I'm intrigued by this, and got some good motivation to try it myself.
    Cool - post your settings when you've figured it out and other Hitfilm users can benefit

But I suspect it doesn't have enough controls or options compared to Particular
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HitFilm2 has a turbulance force, but like you said, it lacks fine controls and options. You get what you pay for.

I made this in HF2 from scratch. It's different, but the style is similar. I used the Particle Array instead of Emitters. Not much learning curve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyCo8R1vyIc&feature=youtu.be

I think there's enough in HF2 for the OP to get his beak wet, at least. It's worth it to check out the free HF tutorials. The artist over there, Axel, is very knowledgeable, and they try to cover a lot of topics. And the tutes actually teach something, not just breezing through it real fast, but every step.
    Last edited by budwzr; 30th Sep 2014 at 17:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This one is a little better. I made the custom Ink/Smoke by simply drawing some scribble and save as png.

Yes the video version is a lot smoother.....
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ink_tittle.gif
Views:	227
Size:	632.1 KB
ID:	27819  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mine is easier to do, although not quite the same. I can't do the other one, my software isn't up to snuff. Looks like AviUtil can't cut that kind of mustard either, hehehe.

I'm in the same boat as Racer. Not enough cajones in the software. I'm suspecting PDR is going to come in here with something and blow us all away.

Made with HitFilm2 Ultimate - Pixel Array Tool

The way I got this GIF smooth was I rendered it out of Vegas at 1fps, down from 30fps, to a PNG Sequence. Then I used Easy Gif Animator to assemble it.
    Last edited by budwzr; 2nd Oct 2014 at 23:45.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!