VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    i have always used avidemux and virtualdub

well , now i'm running premiere pro cc , and i need to load a video , and cut some parts

in virtualdub , i used the direct stream save , because i don't want to re-convert / rendering

i don't want to change the output

can i do with premiere ?

thanks

ps i'm new hope it's the right place
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not possible in premiere except for some specific types of video like DV-AVI , XDCAM, DVCPro , DNxHD, ProRes, AVC-Intra (basically "pro" aquisition formats)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Not possible in premiere except for some specific types of video like DV-AVI , XDCAM, DVCPro , DNxHD, ProRes, AVC-Intra (basically "pro" aquisition formats)
    thanks a lot poisondeathray

are all the avi uncompressed DV-AVI ?

googling i foun _http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2012/10/11/smart-rendering-in-premiere-pro-cs6-6-0-1-and-later/

can vegas do it ?

i'm looking for program to do my editing , with more feature then virtualdub
    Last edited by rama; 25th Sep 2014 at 14:05.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by rama View Post

No, DV-AVI is a specific type of video in AVI container

If you don't know what you have, you can use mediainfo (view=>text)

googling i foun _http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2012/10/11/smart-rendering-in-premiere-pro-cs6-6-0-1-and-later/

can vegas do it ?

No, vegas is limited to about the same types of video as premiere for smart rendering, but it can do some types of "generic" MPEG2 as well

What sort of editing tasks are you doing exactly ? What kinds of video are you using ?

There are other "smart rendering" editors, like tmpgenc smart renderer , videoredo, solveigmm video splitter - but they are limited to simple editing features as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In Vegas, smartrendering occurs only when you enable its checkbox in preferences.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by rama View Post

No, DV-AVI is a specific type of video in AVI container

If you don't know what you have, you can use mediainfo (view=>text)

can vegas do it ?

No, vegas is limited to about the same types of video as premiere for smart rendering, but it can do some types of "generic" MPEG2 as well

What sort of editing tasks are you doing exactly ? What kinds of video are you using ?
    hi
    well the videos are

1) video created with my canon 5d mark 2

2) Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) (i used vlc to do it) and Codec: MPEG-4 Video (XVID)

There are other "smart rendering" editors, like tmpgenc smart renderer , videoredo, solveigmm video splitter - but they are limited to simple editing features as well
    hi
    they are trial ,one is cheap
    are they so superior then virtualdub and avidemux (both free) for simple editing , cut some part of the videos

thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!