VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all.....really brand spanking new here....bought a gopro and have been recording like a mad man! Sat down at my wife's computer to see if i could tweek my recordings(she has movie maker). My question is........example.........i have a 5 minute video and i need to take a 1 minute snippet out near the middle........what product do i need so that i can cut that part out and bring the 2 pieces (splice??) back together?? Thx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Depends on the format of the video, but movie make should be able to do it if you want to do it for free. If you don't want WMV format though other software will be what you need. Does the Gopro come with software? It probbaly does and the included software will do it. If you want to pull out clips without losing any video quality at all a retail software called Solveig Media Splitter is very good for cutting, but not for effects etc. Also any software like Sony Vegas Movie Studio will work and it has a tonne of features for a pretty good price. Sony Vegas Pro is the $500 one but ony Movie Studio you can find online sometimes for $50 and full price is $100.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, the GoPro comes with software (GoPro/Cineform Studio). If you didn't get it at purchase time, you (or anyone else for that matter) can download it for free, at http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-studio-edit-software/GoPro-Studio.html#/start=1
    Note that it is VERY basic, and doesn't accept all formats, just mainly what GoPros generate (AVC/h.264 compressed video in MP4 container). One of the main things the Studio software does is upconvert the AVC/MP4 to Cineform Intermediate codec in AVI or MOV container. Makes for easier and better quality editing.
    But files get bigger: ~25Mbps/187MBperMin to ~150Mbps/1.1GBperMin.

+1 on recommend for Sony Vegas Movie Studio and against WMM.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    swampdonkey, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thx for the responses......I'm gonna check on the go pro software 1st..... again....thx guys
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!