VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So the issue I'm having is this: I made a MKV file of Kill Bill Vol. 1 (the uncut version) directly from the disc with a subtitle file for the non-English parts only. The subtitles are correct and work wonderfully on the file, but I wanted to create a MP4 file from the MKV with the subtitles burned-in. The file works, the subtitles are there, but some of the lines are cut off. Here's the info for everything I did:

Created the original rip with .SRT file using Handbrake. I opened the file with Subtitle Edit and extracted the same .SRT file and saved it as a .SSA (Sub Station Alpha) file. I then used MKVMerge to combine the MKV and the new .SSA file. I took the new MKV with the SSA file and ran it through Handbrake and burned in the .SSA file, creating the .MP4 I was after, but ended up with some of the subtitles cut off.

Does anyone have any idea where I went wrong or could suggest something else without buying a new program possibly? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Cut off? How? They're too low and the bottom gets cut off sometimes? Is this when played on a television only, or also on the PC? SSA allows for positioning so you could increase the MarginV (vertical margin) to make them higher on the screen. You can do that easily in Notepad. I don't use Handbrake but would assume it would honor the styles you set.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!