VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Need help, I had an application to remove duplicate files, check registry and in general remove files not needed however I am unable to remember it's name.

Appreciate suggestions from members.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look on the Auslogics site, they have something like this.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for taking time out to respond however that is not the app. I am looking for. The app. I am looking for also removes temp. files as well.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Suddenly remembered the name of the application, GLARY UTILITIES. It really is a great app. however having problems trying to download it again.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just downloaded it, free for 1 computer. It is an app. everyone should be using.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's getting harder to download older programs. Either they're not supported in Windows 7 or most of them can only be downloaded through download.com via programs that you have to install from either them or even shadier websites. I used to love download.com but now I avoid it like the plague.

I try to keep all my zipped downloads backed up on other drives and discs in a My Downloads folder and portable programs in an Unzipped folder. I have been lucky to find a few programs to replace programs that don't work in Windows 7 Like "change file extension" shell menu to replace "Properties Plus". I found a shell program for Windows 7 called "Take Ownership" which allows you take control of all drives, folders and subfolders in Windows 7 whose security tactics make using the OS unbearable.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. I hate download helper applications. Even sourceforge has that now for some downloads.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still using XP3, have not seen a need to go to Windows 7. Over the years I've been using it no crashes, no freezes, it's a great engine.
    Cheers from downunder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I only upgraded to Windows 7 for x265 support. It took me a while to get it running like I want. I was very unhappy when I switched but it's not too bad now. I'm going to have to get more memory when I (if I) can afford it though since Windows 7 needs a lot more memory for the OS than XP does. 4 GB just isn't enough.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Did you try DuplicateFilesDeleter? it's really working for me !
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by craiglee View Post
    Did you try DuplicateFilesDeleter? it's really working for me !
    Spammer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do these finders just go for duplicate names or actual files with same names that are different? I have another computor I use for graphics with lots (LOTS) of files both actual duplicates & same name files which are different. (I forget to rename them, lots of times) -c-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the Auslogics utility I linked to above. I believe it compares files by type, regardless of name.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!