VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK, so I have a pretty good understanding of video editing and software. I have edited over 500 videos. But I am stumped (hopefully something super simple).

1) My video camera shoots 1920x1080.
    2) I had a guy create an intro at 1920x1080.
    3) I place both videos in my video editing program (Corel Video Pro X something)
    4) Plays (and looks) perfect on program.
    5) When I save as one file and create a .wmv (and save it as 1920x1080) the file is loaded and completes without a problem.
    6) I double-click to open and view from any player, and my intro plays with a black border all the way around it , and then my video (from my camera) comes on and plays in full frame. How? Why?

If both files are the same dimensions, shouldn't it display flawlessly, without any cropping/black borders?

Am I missing something here?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why is this not video related? I'm moving you to our general video section.

How does the video preview look like in corel? The intro might be flagged as 4:3 or something.
    Quote Quote  
  3. - Oops, my bad.

If I load the camera footage, I can save it (by itself) and I have to option to keep it as full size without a problem.

When I load the intro, and try to save it as full size again, it doesn't allow me to select 1920x1080. It gives me all the way up to a max of 720x480. No options larger than that are available.

Yeah, it's almost like the file is tricking the computer to think that it isn't 1920x1080. But when hovering my mouse over the raw document, it says that it is. Even when I launch the program with the intro inside of it, and hover my mouse over the file, it shows the proper dimensions...

Know of anything that could be making this happen?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe you or your friend is confused. In order to all be on the same page, load both files in MediaInfo and upload the detailed text readout of both.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Took me a while figure out this program. I think I did this correctly.

Let me know if you need something else instead.. thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That intro is encoded weird! It's an HD1080 file all right, but it's a WMV2, with no stated framerate.

I wonder if it would make more sense to the corel app if you transcoded this to an intermediate format?: high bitrate AVC, DNxHD, Lagarith, even uncompressed. It's only 10 sec. so it won't get Ginormous.

You know what, why don't you upload the file (if that's not a licensing/rights problem) here and we could transcode it for you to something that ought to blend better...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. How big are the borders ? Approx how many pixels ?

Could be that your editor is reading the camera videos at 1088. Did you make sure the project and export settings were at 1920x1080 ? Or does your editor have any settings to "interpret" the files ?

Code:
    Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
    Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
    Original height                          : 1 088 pixels

4) Plays (and looks) perfect on program.
    So preview looks ok before exporting ????
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, preview looks great (full frame from both video and intro). I can export the blended 'movie' (both camera and intro) as a file of 1920x1080. I think is because at least one file (camera) is that 'true' size, allowing me to save it at that same size. But when the file is done and rendered, the camera portion of the video displays normal, but the intro has a black border. About a solid 20-25% of the the entire full-frame screen has a black border. Then, again, when the intro is done and it shows the camera footage, BOOM, full-frame perfect picture lol.

I am using the Canon T3i.

Yeah, cornucopia - I am totally open to having someone manipulate the file. Once I have a file that works perfectly, I will be able to use that file forever lol. If you are open to this, I am game as well. I'd just prerfer not to upload it on an open server/page, such as this for the world to view lol.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    PM me.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!