VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to fix a problem I have with a recently reauthored BD which goes from one playlist to another in sequential order. However, for at least three of these playlists, the player mysteriously freezes before going to the next one. I figured that something got screwy with the software I used to master it (I used BD Author from DVDLogic), which may have somehow caused the connections to get messed up. But I couldn't identify what the problem was.

Can BDEdit fix this freezing problem I have from going from playlist to playlist? I am asking because BDEdit is extremely complicated and I wish it were easier to use.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
    Can BDEdit fix this freezing problem I have from going from playlist to playlist? I am asking because BDEdit is extremely complicated and I wish it were easier to use.
    Probably. But the author has never bothered to write a guide. And AFAIK nobody has mastered it apart from a few guys at Doom9 (maybe). After reading the developer's thread, I can do a couple simple things with it (setting default streams). That's it.

So I feel certain that BDEdit is going to be a dead end for you. Sorry.

Best to do the job over. Good luck.

[EDIT] And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
    Probably. But the author has never bothered to write a guide. And AFAIK nobody has mastered it apart from a few guys at Doom9 (maybe). After reading the developer's thread, I can do a couple simple things with it (setting default streams). That's it.

So I feel certain that BDEdit is going to be a dead end for you. Sorry.

Best to do the job over. Good luck.

[EDIT] And welcome to the forum.
    Any other program you can recommend to fix the freeze/crash problem? I reauthorized it again using BDAuthor and burned using ImgBurn bbut that doesn't solve the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind, I finally figured it out; the problem was that on one of the M2tses that I mastered, it turned out that the AUDIO track was longer than the video one, and so it froze because of that. NOW I know what to do!
    Quote Quote  
  5. So you trimmed the audio stream and confirmed that your project works now?

Thanks for telling us what the problem was.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!