VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Input video set to Pixel 40:33 (NTSC 16:9) aspect ratio
    ,it is not input video but interpreted input video, not realized that, I just read what you said, that it was detected as ....,so sorry, ..... but nice, whatever works, good is that it works with this, even if it is not encoding better, I thought it might, not sure what encoder TVMW5 uses , mainconcept mpeg2 encoder?

-AUTOGOP 15 -CQ_MAXBITRATE 3 -AQ 2 -MAXBITRATE 8500
    Script finds out length of video, checks if it is shorter than 4200seconds (advanced variable: SL_time_threshhold_2pass_kick-in ) , that time coresponds to that 8500kbps bitrate, then it just encodes 1pass with constant quality for max bitrate 8500. 1pass saves much on encoding time. For that time, there is enough room on DVD and roughly 256kbps audio bitrate IF video is so crazy that CQ gives it almost max bitrate all the time. Which is not likely to happen, but script has to be foolproof somehow. I find 8500 kbps more reliable for burning DVD's. Not to push it to maximum. I even used 8000 only before. You will not improve quallity trying to push max bitrates higher than 8000 much anyway. There might be problems with some players, but that might be think of the past, but anyway, not a good idea to push the thinks to the limit. You can change it to 9000 if you want but then you should shorten that time when script still encodes 1pass only to make sure there is enough room on DVD. Changing that SL_time_threshhold_2pass_kick-in variable to 4000 or something, you'd need to do some little math

2pass , like that TVMW5 uses, is used when there is not enough room on DVD or it might be close, so average bitrate is calculated. So you just about , comfortably, fill DVD. Not sure if that TVMW5 encoder even has CQ, Constant quallity settings avaiable. If it is MainConcept, it perhaps offers those settings only with their more expensive stand-alone modules.

The file created in HcEncoder is smaller, because video bitrate is just set what it is enough for your type of video you happen to encode. Constant quality means that encoder would not set higher bitrate for scenes if not needed (for chosen quantizer). 2 pass VBR would do that if average bitrate is set higher (higher than needed for that particular video you just encode, or better to say the quality humans find good enough already).

Trying to set that variable ridiculously low to ensure 2pass encoding, I just found out that 2pass encoding feature is broken, because bitrate is ridiculously high then, so do not set it too much low, like below 3800 secs or something (that gives about 9000kbps bitrate to fill DVD, roughly) , I might change that script later so you can force 2pass VBR, even if it makes little sense to me, but anyway ...
    Last edited by _Al_; 7th Sep 2014 at 18:08.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!