VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use XviD4PSP - -v5.10.330.0. I have installed FFDShow and Avisynth. I don't get the video preview after loading any video but, I hear the audio. After processing any video, the resultant video looks blank. What could be the reason? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it happen with all your video files?

Edit: i see you say any video now.

I would try reinstall ffdshow and avisynth.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick. AVC videos in MP4 containers don't show. Those AVC videos in MKV play. Other videos viz. xvid, flv, mpeg, VOB etc. also play. AC3 audio doesn't play. As you suggested, I uninstalled ffdshow and avisynth and re-installed. Problem still persists.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you still using windows xp?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Windows 7 - Intel (R) Core (TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07 GHz
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try disable windows built in mp4 support with Win7DSFilterTweaker. So ffdshow is used.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes Baldrick. I did as you suggested and made ffdshow to support mp4. No luck.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then give up and use vidcoder. .
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I will use vidcoder. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by shans View Post
    I use XviD4PSP - -v5.10.330.0. I have installed FFDShow and Avisynth. I don't get the video preview after loading any video but, I hear the audio. After processing any video, the resultant video looks blank. What could be the reason? Thanks.
    Try uninstalling ffdshow and avisynth, you don't need to install them separately, xvid4psp has them built in, I think what may be happening is that your system is trying to use ffdshow for decoding, as evidenced by a small icon in the lower right hand corner, but xvid4psp handles the decoding internally so it can't while ffdshow is set up as the default decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try uninstalling ffdshow and avisynth, you don't need to install them separately, xvid4psp has them built in, I think what may be happening is that your system is trying to use ffdshow for decoding, as evidenced by a small icon in the lower right hand corner, but xvid4psp handles the decoding internally so it can't while ffdshow is set up as the default decoder.[/QUOTE]

Uninstalled ffdshow and avisynth as instructed. Opened an mp4 video. I got an error message which read as follows:
    Caching: DirectShowSource can't decode video (Zero - size image was returned)!
    Video was not opened at all. When I clicked "OK" at the error message ikon, clear screen appeared.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Are you using the installed version or the portable version?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the installed version.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!