VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    Bought LG Blu ray reader/writer BH16NS40. It would be great if someone could link me a region-free firmware.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's a computer burner.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our writers section.

Just use a region free software like dvdfab passkey (free version) or anydvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you really want to try to find this you can search for The Dangerous Brothers firmware site and see if they have anything, but I'd be surprised if they did. I own an LG BD writer and LG doesn't even like to produce its own firmware updates for their burners (last firmware update on my model is now something like 3 years ago) so I'd be shocked if there was much interest in trying to produce hacked region free firmware for their burners. Baldrick's suggestion is probably what you'll have to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    If you really want to try to find this you can search for The Dangerous Brothers firmware site and see if they have anything, but I'd be surprised if they did. I own an LG BD writer and LG doesn't even like to produce its own firmware updates for their burners (last firmware update on my model is now something like 3 years ago) so I'd be shocked if there was much interest in trying to produce hacked region free firmware for their burners. Baldrick's suggestion is probably what you'll have to do.
    Thank you for your replies! I am, as you have probably guessed absolutely and completely new to that topic. I haven't tried DVD fab passkey yet. The thing is, I simply wanted to get rid of that lock from "inside" without having to run anything, but since you guys recommended it, I'll surely try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Back in the heyday of DVD burners, there was a plethora of firmware hacks that rendered them region free. Nowadays....not so much. With a blu ray burner I suspect "not so much" is replaced with "I've never heard of one".
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!