VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

First of all please don't raise an eyebrow after reading the title. hehe
    I don't know if this has been asked or done before but I just want to know if it's possible to convert an mpg file back to a ts one?

I have a bunch of artist performance clips mostly on ts and mpg formats. I hate having multiple file types in one folder and since I have more ts files, I wanted to convert my mpg videos to ts ones.

I have no idea which program to use and I want to cleanly convert it as much as possible (no recompression and probably just demuxing and remuxing to a ts if possible). Can someone please give me some advice or point me in the right direction?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and Good day!
    Quote Quote  
  2. A lot depends on the type of mpeg actually in the file and which players you use. But one easy thing to try is just changing the extension to ts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tsmuxer.

But I don't understand why you want to remux them...
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Baldrick thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.

EDIT:
    I tried it out and it did what I was hoping it would do. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by evile1690; 2nd Sep 2014 at 13:21.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Remux the whole bunch into mkv's. You can du that with FFmpeg + FFqueue using the "copy" codec. If you want to save some disk space you can encode with x264 using a high bit rate - you'll probably not be able to spot any significant difference in the image quality but file sizes should drop dramaticly (depending on the sources).
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!