VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello,

FFMPEG documentation is POS

Google finds poor info.

How do I deinterlace some 15 year old DVD video, resize into real 1.0 square pixels ... without losing much quality if possible, but quality isn't really that important in this case, 10-20 percent reduction is okay but still want to make it as best as timely possible.

A bunch of programs can't decide what frame rate it is, some report 23, others 29 -

I extract the VOBs into one single MPG file, and via that file I extract scenes which are less than 5% of the content, all other content is deleted as I don't need it.

I use MPEG-TS format for Sony Vegas to work with AC3 audio as it has problems with plain non-contained ac-3 , so this is an intermediary output, so x264 is out of the question or any other high-compression codec.

This is a library of clips im doing, there's a lot of scenes so that's why im using ffmpeg with multi batch method.

I am not looking for any programs anymore, I'm looking for ffmpeg command line help, thank you.

This is my current ffmpeg code:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i VTS_01-D2.mpg -ss 01:01:58 -to 01:03:46 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -c copy -y -f mpegts #_001.mpg
    EDIT: I hear about some yadif stuff, ffmpeg.org documentation is nonexistant. all i find is some weird text-only postings of crud on some "help-tickets"

I'm not sure if yadif is still in the latest ffmpeg , most of the info I found required hours of research to find some little 3-5 year old post in the corner of the internet, a pity indeed, and my patience is almost depleted.
    Last edited by Wader8; 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Wader8 View Post
    Hello,

FFMPEG documentation is POS

Google finds poor info.

How do I deinterlace some 15 year old DVD video, resize into real 1.0 square pixels ... without losing much quality if possible, but quality isn't really that important in this case, 10-20 percent reduction is okay but still want to make it as best as timely possible.

A bunch of programs can't decide what frame rate it is, some report 23, others 29 -
    Probably a misunderstanding.

NTSC DVD's always output 29.97i signal.

2 Types of 23.976 "film" content on a DVD. Soft pulldown and hard pulldown. Soft pulldown is encoded progressive with 3:2 pulldown flags, hard pulldown is encoded interlaced. Both output 29.97i signal

Some software cannot distinguish between them, but it's a very important distinction

You don't deinterlace film content. So if you have a theatrical movie, you wouldn't deinterlace with yadif. You just destroy the quality. You would IVTC (inverse telecine), or "remove pulldown", to recover the original progressive frames

The reason for all this is because of the NTSC DVD standard is interlaced, cannot store native progressive content

Chances are , you're going about this the wrong way
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Chances are , you're going about this the wrong way
    @wader, based on your previous thread, I completely agree with pdr on this.
    However, if you're still looking for rope to hang yourself with, here you go: -filter:v yadif
    Quote Quote  
  4. Since you have no idea what you are doing you should switch to software that does. Try something like Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Since you have no idea what you are doing you should switch to software that does. Try something like Handbrake.
    He's loading DVDs into Vegas to pull clips for YouTube compilations and thinks he has to "purify" them first. He doesn't seem to understand that Vegas itself can get him all the way through the process with minimal loss.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    So if you have a theatrical movie, you wouldn't deinterlace with yadif. You just destroy the quality. You would IVTC (inverse telecine), or "remove pulldown", to recover the original progressive frames

All right, so that's what I meant, how do I do it ?

With Handbrake?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Wader8 View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    So if you have a theatrical movie, you wouldn't deinterlace with yadif. You just destroy the quality. You would IVTC (inverse telecine), or "remove pulldown", to recover the original progressive frames

All right, so that's what I meant, how do I do it ?

With Handbrake?

Handbrake is one option, it can do it with "detelecine" which is it's version of "inverse telecine" . But it can only output h.264

Avisynth can do it, and has many options. It is a frameserver, so you can use encoder of your choice

The technical problem, with editing DVD's before you remove pulldown (hard pulldown), is you can disrupt the 3:2 cadence - you can get combed transitions and cuts unless you're very careful where you cut. When you revert back to a native 23.976p stream, you can cut anywhere without fear because you have the "original" frames
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've seen avisynth used as a command in ffmpeg, is that the case or it requires some extra knowhow ?

Well I would like to make my own custom FFMPEG VOB CONCAT and MPG output along with resolution fix, detelecine ... all with one command if possible.

Going to look how VOB2MPG does this, will get back with it ...

EDIT:

Here it is (loggile)

Code:
    ********************** AV Details *******************
    file=K:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    FormatName=mpeg
    Num_Frames=158600
    DurationInSecs=2645
    Duration=00:44:05.9
    VideoCodec=mpeg2video
    VideoFFSTNum=0
    Width=720
    Height=480
    Standard=NTSC
    BitRate=3246
    AudioStreamCount=1
    Audio1FFSTNum=1
    Audio1StreamID=[0x80]
    Audio1SampleRate=48000
    Audio1Codec=ac3
    Audio1BitRate=448
    Audio1Channels=6
    ************************ END ************************
    16:54:32: FFmpeg version SVN-r7159, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    16:54:32:   configuration:  --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-pthreads --enable-a52 --enable-gpl --enable-dts --enable-faad --enable-avisynth 
    16:54:32:   libavutil version: 49.1.0
    16:54:32:   libavcodec version: 51.27.0
    16:54:32:   libavformat version: 51.12.1
    16:54:32:   built on Sep 17 2007 14:54:50, gcc: 4.3.0 20061204 (experimental)
    16:54:32: Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 29.97 (30000/1001) -> 59.94 (60000/1001)
    16:54:32: Input #0, mpeg, from 'multi:K:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB*K:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB*K:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB*K:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB*K:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB*':
    16:54:32:   Duration: 00:44:12.6, start: 0.280633, bitrate: 12972 kb/s
    16:54:32:   Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480, 9101 kb/s, 59.94 fps(r)
    16:54:32:   Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s
    16:54:32: Assuming NTSC for target.
    16:54:32: Output #0, dvd, to 'C:\SG-1-MPG-TMP\VTS_01.mpg':
    16:54:32:   Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480, q=2-31, 9101 kb/s, 29.97 fps(c)
    16:54:32:   Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s
    16:54:32: Stream mapping:
    16:54:32:   Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    16:54:32:   Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
    16:54:32: Press [q] to stop encoding
    16:55:19: frame=255834 fps=5336 q=52.8 Lsize= 4201342kB time=10615.7 bitrate=3242.1kbits/s    
    16:55:20: video:3506843kB audio:580556kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 2.787675%
    Interesting thing about frame rate there, but there's no actual command visible that's given to ffmpeg, but seems like there is some reference to avisynth

EDIT2: So...

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "concat:VTS_01_1.VOB|VTS_01_2.VOB|VTS_01_3.VOB|VTS_01_4.VOB|VTS_01_5.VOB" -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -c copy -vf scale=853x480,setsar=1:1 -f mpegts VTS_01.mpg

This is supposably the "convert to square pixels" but not sure what numbers to fill in yet
    -vf scale=iw*sar:ih

now to enable avisynth ? ...
    Last edited by Wader8; 2nd Sep 2014 at 16:13.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Avisynth it requires some extra know-how

Do you want it done right, or with potential problems ?

built on Sep 17 2007
    You seem so keen on using ffmpeg, at least update to a recent build. It's not 2007 (7 years is an eternity in ffmpeg land! )

FFmpeg can't IVTC properly yet, even after so many years. (This is coming from a huge ffmpeg fan who uses it for various operations almost everyday). Some things it's great at, other things it absolutely sucks at. You're using the wrong tools for the task. A screwdriver can hammer in nails with lots of difficulty and problems, but a hammer is much more suited for the task

You don't want to use odd frame dimensions . Most codecs work best with mod16 > mod 8 > mod 4 (evenly divisibly by) . So if you want to use 853, at least go to 854
    Quote Quote  
  10. That 854 was a mistake, MPC-HC opens the 720x480 file as 853x480 - but yeah if I need to round it up to 854 then that's okay.

Also, the logfile I provided is not my ffmpeg, it's the internal ffmpeg what VOB2MPG uses.

I'm not sure what to do with the -vcodec, i suppose i can't do just -c copy with the detelecine and square pixel fix ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Wader8 View Post
    I'm not sure what to do with the -vcodec, i suppose i can't do just -c copy with the detelecine and square pixel fix ?

Not possible

Square pixel requires re-encoding

IVTC of hard telecine requires re-encoding
    Quote Quote  
  12. But ffmpeg can't or isn't good with detelecine ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Wader8 View Post
    But ffmpeg can't or isn't good with detelecine ?
    FFmpeg can't IVTC properly yet, even after so many years.
    You didn't understand what he wrote? 'Detelecine' is Handbrake's crude renaming of what everyone else calls IVTC. Me, I wonder why you're married to ffmpeg. As pdr mentioned, AviSynth is the way to go for the things you're trying to do.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Right, it's not good for "detelecine"

The old method was -vf pullup , similar to mencoder. But doesn't work too well

They are working on it, and have introduced field matching and decimation filters, but results still suck !
    -vf fieldmatch
    -vf decimate

Hopefully they will get it right (Maybe in a few years LOL ) . I don't understand what's taking them sooooo loooong because they borrow lots of code / filters from avisynth, why can't they get this right as well ?

Anyway, if you want easy to use without learning avisynth - use handbrake as suggested above, and use a high bitrate to minimize quality loss
    Quote Quote  
  15. Okay, so I have to set a high constant rate, but how much higher, 4000 K Enough ? because it goes to 9000 K with variable, 2700 nominal.

And, first I do a VOB concat and the rest, then I do detelecine on top, then im ready for extract to clips ... sounds fine but a little more work, i don't even have enough space because I do this on SSD so I don't have to do them all at once anyways.
    Quote Quote  
  16. 4000kbps probably is ok for decent quality, but it depends on the source characteristics (e.g. lots of action, noise = harder to compress), and your eye for "quality"

Also if using handbrake, make sure you pick CFR (constant frame rate). VFR will cause problems with other programs like vegas and other editors

If you learn avisynth, you can do it directly without having to IVTC the entire thing as a huge intermediate file. You can even specify your edits in avisynth, encode those small clips in some lossless or near lossless intermediate for import into vegas or whatever NLE or other editing program. You don't even have to encode them, if you use avisynth virtual file server (AVFS), but I would if you have more than a few clips
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    but I would if you have more than a few clips
    about 600, 50 give or take.
    Quote Quote  
  18. What are you doing with the clips exactly ? With 600 clips from the same movie (is it 1 movie?), It might be easier to IVTC the whole thing and do your edits in vegas
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What are you doing with the clips exactly ? With 600 clips from the same movie, It might be easier to IVTC the whole thing and do your edits in vegas
    Well the "movie" has 10 seasons with 22 episodes of 44 minutes each.

~200 GB
    Quote Quote  
  20. So it's a TV series ? 220 episodes, so ~ 2-3 clips per episode ?

What is the "big picture" for this project ? What are you planning to do with these clips ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    So it's a TV series ? 220 episodes, so ~ 2-3 clips per episode ?

What is the "big picture" for this project ? What are you planning to do with these clips ?
    Well some episodes have up to 6. Some have 0 ... FWIW

Why is everybody so curious about that, it's just some stuff that will be remixed with other totally unrelated content but kind of a semi-correlation of some kind, it's just a few quotes, story stuff ... that just don't happen to be in a lot of the, well most movies and shows these days.

It's like you take some quote out of something and apply it to some other situation that may not be the same but similar in this case, i forgot the term. Like memes used in all stuff like forum responses etc, but it's not a meme here and it doesn't involve forums.

But, oh well, I never like to talk about stuff until it's finished, maybe i'll show it when it's done, I have no idea when ... but this year most probably.

But maybe I did gave a hint already ... anyways I don't think anyone's going to like it anyway it's for a more, let me put, a more special community or a group of people. The point is, the clips can be used for any kind of purpose, not just what I have in mind. You know, people create "fan trailers", some create "epic battle compilations" others create some "funny moments" ... but I'm doing something more let's say, deep. ...
    Last edited by Wader8; 2nd Sep 2014 at 19:04.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Yes, I just needed a rough idea of what you're doing... you don't have to give away the trade secrets or anything LOL

And you planning to do this in sony vegas, correct ?

Stargate SG-1 series ?

It's going to be a complete waste of time, HDD space and kills trees to IVTC and encode everything and import that into your editor

This is the way I would do it:

I would do "rough cuts" of the clips (including a few 5-10 seconds before & after) using something lightweight like mpg2cut2, or videoredo, or avidemux first. These are lossless mpg2 clips (just stream copies).

Then IVTC those clips for import

I wouldn't resize to "square pixels" until the end, final export. Even though it's only SD, it's easier for your editor to handle the original 720 width resolution than 854 with
    Quote Quote  
  23. Interesting ...

Oh yes these are the rought cuts, I'm not a total beginner, sort of, thanks anyways for that.

Well with VOB2MPG there are stream copies as well...

What exactly do you meant "IVTC" them, frame rate conversion I believe, in cases like these I'm a beginner.

btw, mpeg2cut2 turned out badly, has an audio desync out of the box , can't seek that way.

What exactly do you mean with final export, you mean the project I'm eventually going to make with the clips ?

EDIT: Allright, i'll cross the bridge when I get to it ... to figure out how to convert to square pixels in vegas because i never did that yet, if it's really no point converting to it now then fine.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Wader8 View Post
    Interesting ...

Oh yes these are the rought cuts, I'm not a total beginner, sort of, thanks anyways for that.
    What I mean was, instead of using handbrake to process entire joined VOBs. I mean instead of joining the VOBs at all (another unnecessary step). You would only need to join them if there was a specific clip spanning 2 VOBs . It doesn't make sense to do any of that, if you're only taking a few clips here and there

What exactly do you meant "IVTC" them, frame rate conversion I believe, in cases like these I'm a beginner.
    "IVTC" means inverse telecine, or "detelecine" in handbrake terminology. Also called "remove pulldown" . It's the process of getting back your original 23.976 progressive film frames, from the 29.97 interlaced frames

btw, mpeg2cut2 turned out badly, has an audio desync out of the box , can't seek that way.
    Did you decrypt the files ? How did you rip the disc(s) ?

What exactly do you mean with final export, you mean the project I'm eventually going to make with the clips ?

Yes, final export out of the editor (e.g. vegas)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What I mean was, instead of using handbrake to process entire joined VOBs. I mean instead of joining the VOBs at all (another unnecessary step). You would only need to join them if there was a specific clip spanning 2 VOBs . It doesn't make sense to do any of that, if you're only taking a few clips here and there
    The timecodes I already written for 2 seasons are specific to the combined VOBS - it would take a lot of rewriting and manual calculation to turn them to epsiodical timecodes. most of the work is making the timecodes, losing that would mean doing it all over again.

Besides, the episodes are not VOB specific, they cut in middle, secondly, I would have more files to mess with because what im doing im also logging it, the time codes (ffmpeg style), episode list, dvd number, scene identifier and description.

"IVTC" means inverse telecine, or "detelecine" in handbrake terminology. Also called "remove pulldown" . It's the process of getting back your original 23.976 progressive film frames, from the 29.97 interlaced frames
    ok, for some reason vegas reports 59 ... when preview

Did you decrypt the files ? How did you rip the disc(s) ?
    just VOB2MPG in VOBSET mode, that's the clips i have now, but i thought I could do It a little better with the use of a newer ffmpeg and my own settings in the script.

EDIT: I tried to do a test project with these clips, season 2 is already 5.1 sorround, however, in vegas the front and right appear to have waveform but are silent, the audio comes from a mono channel which is the center because only other mono channel is LFE, which works fine, both rears appear to work okay but those only have some extra background noise (birds, leaves, wind, engine) with very faint effects basically I don't know how can they call this 5.1 when half the sound's messed up.

So I have to sort this out, see these are kind of things I expected to happen so i fix it with prep work before going into vegas.

I just want all the sounds there, then i'll downmix it all to stereo, but that's only with the final project output, i want the clips in 5.1 as intended, seems like this ac3 is such a pain in the ass.

I'll extract the audio play it in another pogram see what happens, okay I just did, seems like Vegas is at it again, stuffs working in Audacity.

However, it's a funny thing I thought for years my 5.1 speakers and the whole Xonar D1 audio card setup just isn't working right, turns out the 5.1 mastering whoever does it in most movies, (i don't watch a lot of it) it's just so quiet, barely audible, i guess it's the source, not my config, as I even have custom Xonar D1 audio drivers now installed.

When im testing im listening with headphones so I can hear the faint stuff, is it suppose to be like that, all the voice coming from center and left and right just some music and alarms and super faint echoes of the voice that's totally not heard without headphones.

What I mean is, vegas doesn't even playback the front channels, nothing, those green bars show nothing.

It's kind of weird, id' like to import all 6 channels, but for that I need the project settings for 5.1, but I won't be outputting in 5.1, i can't just extract channels and lose all the syncs and mess with 6 audios for each clip, so crossing the bridge when we get to it doesn't always work.
    Last edited by Wader8; 2nd Sep 2014 at 21:43.
    Quote Quote  
  26. First test (looks like i'll have to concat protocol to do it with one cmd line, might just be simpler doing it separately)

Code:
    ffmpeg -i VTS_01_1.VOB -map 0:1 -vcodec mpeg2video -b:v 10000k -vf "scale=853x480,fps=30000/1001,fieldmatch,yadif=deint=interlaced,decimate" -crf 23.97 -preset veryfast -map 0:2 -acodec libvorbis -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 500k -threads 8 -y -f mpegts VTS_01.mpg

Code:
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'VTS_01_1.VOB':
      Duration: 00:44:05.99, start: 0.280633, bitrate: 3246 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1bf]: Data: dvd_nav_packet
        Stream #0:1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv), 720x480 [SAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], max. 9101 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 59.94 tbr,
     90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
        Stream #0:2[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Codec AVOption crf (Select the quality for constant quality mode) specified for output file #0 (VTS_01.mpg) has not been used for
    any stream. The most likely reason is either wrong type (e.g. a video option with no video streams) or that it is a private option
     of some encoder which was not actually used for any stream.
    Codec AVOption preset (Configuration preset) specified for output file #0 (VTS_01.mpg) has not been used for any stream. The most
    likely reason is either wrong type (e.g. a video option with no video streams) or that it is a private option of some encoder whic
    h was not actually used for any stream.
    Output #0, mpegts, to 'VTS_01.mpg':
      Metadata:
        encoder         : Lavf56.3.100
        Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 853x480 [SAR 2560:2559 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 10000 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc
        Metadata:
          encoder         : Lavc56.0.101 mpeg2video
        Stream #0:1: Audio: vorbis (libvorbis), 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 500 kb/s
        Metadata:
          encoder         : Lavc56.0.101 libvorbis
    Stream mapping:
      Stream #0:1 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video (native) -> mpeg2video (native))
      Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> vorbis (libvorbis))
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #1493 at 49.8164 is still interlaced[/COLOR]its/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #3152 at 105.172 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #6599 at 220.187 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #10298 at 343.61 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #10837 at 361.595 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #10838 at 361.628 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #11204 at 373.84 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #18064 at 602.735 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #19415 at 647.814 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #19470 at 649.649 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #21208 at 707.64 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #21430 at 715.048 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #21731 at 725.091 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #22731 at 758.458 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #22923 at 764.864 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #26557 at 886.119 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29618 at 988.254 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29667 at 989.889 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29695 at 990.823 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29713 at 991.424 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29737 at 992.225 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29807 at 994.56 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #29967 at 999.899 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #30227 at 1008.57 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #32808 at 1094.69 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #49104 at 1638.44 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #69687 at 2325.22 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_2 @ 028081e0] Frame #71785 at 2395.23 is still interlacedts/s
    [mpeg2video @ 0280f700] ac-tex damaged at 8 17=00:44:03.25 bitrate=5478.7kbits/s
    [mpeg2video @ 0280f700] Warning MVs not available
    [mpeg2video @ 0280f700] concealing 585 DC, 585 AC, 585 MV errors in P frame
    [ac3 @ 0503fbc0] incomplete frame
    frame=63449 fps=108 q=2.0 Lsize= 1768553kB time=00:44:06.31 bitrate=5474.8kbits/s
    video:1497019kB audio:130620kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:9kB muxing overhead: 8.657595%

There's no audio, i think vobris can't be in mpegts.

MPC-HC dropped 850 frames every 2 minutes of playback.

Not sure what this error means:
    Codec AVOption preset (Configuration preset) specified for output file #0 (VTS_01.mpg) has not been used for any stream. The most likely reason is either wrong type (e.g. a video option with no video streams) or that it is a private option of some encoder which was not actually used for any stream.
    And I compared the 2 and eyequality seems pretty much the same, thought im not an expert on this.
    Last edited by Wader8; 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:51.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Test 2:

Code:
    ffmpeg -i VTS_01_1.VOB -map 0:1 -vcodec mpeg2video -b:v 10000k -vf "scale=854x480,fieldmatch,yadif=deint=interlaced,decimate" -map 0:2 -acodec flac -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 500k -threads 8 -y -f mpegts -preset veryfast VTS_01.mpg

Code:
      Duration: 00:44:05.99, start: 0.280633, bitrate: 3246 kb/s
        Stream #0:1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv), 720x480 [SAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], max. 9101 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 59.94 tbr,
     90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
        Stream #0:2[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Codec AVOption preset (Configuration preset) specified for output file #0 (VTS_01.mpg) has not been used for any stream. The most
    likely reason is either wrong type (e.g. a video option with no video streams) or that it is a private option of some encoder whic
    h was not actually used for any stream.
    [flac @ 028cf7a0] encoding as 24 bits-per-sample
      Metadata:
        Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 854x480 [SAR 1280:1281 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 10000 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 90k tbn, 23.98 tbc
        Metadata:
        Stream #0:1: Audio: flac, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s32, 500 kb/s
        Metadata:
          encoder         : Lavc56.0.101 flac
    Stream mapping:
      Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> flac (native))
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #1188 at 49.8164 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #2601 at 105.172 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #5385 at 220.187 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #8403 at 343.61 is still interlacedbits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #8903 at 361.595 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #8904 at 361.628 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #9237 at 373.823 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #14798 at 602.752 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #15882 at 647.831 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #15926 at 649.666 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #17327 at 707.657 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #17505 at 715.064 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #17747 at 725.074 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #18552 at 758.458 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #18707 at 764.864 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #21622 at 886.135 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24092 at 988.237 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24134 at 989.906 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24156 at 990.823 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24169 at 991.374 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24190 at 992.225 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24248 at 994.56 is still interlacedits/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24377 at 999.916 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #24586 at 1008.59 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #25777 at 1058.09 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #26660 at 1094.69 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #39763 at 1638.44 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #56311 at 2325.22 is still interlacedts/s
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 028cfd40] Frame #58029 at 2395.23 is still interlacedts/s
    [mpeg2video @ 04f8c780] ac-tex damaged at 8 17=00:44:05.37 bitrate=7865.2kbits/s
    [mpeg2video @ 04f8c780] Warning MVs not available
    [mpeg2video @ 04f8c780] concealing 585 DC, 585 AC, 585 MV errors in P frame
    [ac3 @ 02831760] incomplete frame
    frame=51177 fps=124 q=2.0 Lsize= 2544287kB time=00:44:05.95 bitrate=7877.2kbits/s
    video:1264504kB audio:1086462kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 8.223048%

Press any key to continue . . .
    Ended up with an file that doesn't playback, just displays still frames
    Quote Quote  
  28. Latest problem:

Code:
    [mpeg4 @ 04f78a20] Invalid pixel aspect ratio 1280/1281, limit is 255/255 reducing
    Quote Quote  
  29. Nevermind, Vegas 13.0 playsback AC3 fine with MPEGTS.

And the pans are working correctly. In 12.0 it loaded all the audio tracks as separate and enabled in all channels.
    Last edited by Wader8; 3rd Sep 2014 at 17:12.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Allright ... now I actually know what telecine is.

I don't even know if what I did was necessary, so im more confused than ever, but MediaInfo and Vegas 13 report it as 29 progressive.

MPC-HC thinks it's progressive too, so it doesn't turn on deinterlacing.

for the test i use 1 episode, 44 mins.

Code:
    ffmpeg -loglevel verbose -i VTS_01_1.VOB -map 0:1 -vcodec mpeg2video -b:v 3200k -minrate 2885k -maxrate 10000k -bufsize 200k -vf "scale=854x480,fieldmatch" -map 0:2 -acodec copy -threads 8 -y -f mpegts VTS_01.mpg
    If I use only decimate it makes an barely playable file that only actually plays back first few minutes with horrible out of sync.
    If i use both playable but with the whole video being speed up thus a desync.
    If i only use fieldmatch then it looks fine but ffmpeg still gives the same warnings and errors at the end, i don't know how much they matter.

Extra problem, rescaling turns pixel aspect ratio into 0.99992 ... lol

EDIT:

Second test:

Code:
    ffmpeg -loglevel verbose -i VTS_01_1.VOB -map 0:1 -vcodec mpeg2video -b:v 3000k -minrate 2000k -maxrate 6000k -bufsize 500k -vf "scale=864x486,fieldmatch" -map 0:2 -acodec copy -threads 8 -y -f mpegts VTS_01.mpg

Code:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    --------------- Preparing to start extraction process ---------------
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////D

////////////////// Extracting: VTS_01 ////////
    ----------------- /////////////////// ---------

ffmpeg version N-65895-g96b2ba6 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Aug 25 2014 22:02:17 with gcc 4.8.3 (GCC)
      configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable
    -frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype -
    -enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libope
    ncore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --e
    nable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-
    libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-decklink
    --enable-zlib
      libavutil      54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
      libavcodec     56.  0.101 / 56.  0.101
      libavformat    56.  3.100 / 56.  3.100
      libavdevice    56.  0.100 / 56.  0.100
      libavfilter     5.  0.103 /  5.  0.103
      libswscale      3.  0.100 /  3.  0.100
      libswresample   1.  1.100 /  1.  1.100
      libpostproc    53.  0.100 / 53.  0.100
    [mpeg @ 04360640] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5038044 microseconds
      Duration: 00:42:55.32, start: 0.223733, bitrate: 3335 kb/s
        Stream #0:1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv), 720x480 [SAR 32:27 DAR 16:9], max. 9801 kb/s, 30.58 fps, 59.94 tbr,
     90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
        Stream #0:2[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
        Stream #0:3[0x81]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
    [Parsed_scale_0 @ 04360180] w:864 h:486 flags:'0x4' interl:0
    [graph 0 input from stream 0:1 @ 0535a920] w:720 h:480 pixfmt:yuv420p tb:1/90000 fr:60000/2002 sar:32/27 sws_param:flags=2
    [Parsed_scale_0 @ 04360180] w:720 h:480 fmt:yuv420p sar:32/27 -> w:864 h:486 fmt:yuv420p sar:1/1 flags:0x4
    [mpeg2video @ 0437d220] Warning min_rate > 0 but min_rate != max_rate isn't recommended!
    [mpegts @ 04387480] muxrate VBR, pcr every 2 pkts, sdt every 200, pat/pmt every 40 pkts
      Metadata:
        Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 864x486 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 3000 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
        Metadata:
        Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
      Stream #0:2 -> #0:1 (copy)
    *** 1 dup!
        Last message repeated 24 times
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=0.0 q=1.6 size=    2038kB time=00:00:04.40 bitrate=3790.0kbits/s dup=25 drop=0
        Last message repeated 4 times
    [mpeg @ 04360640] New subtitle stream 0:4 at pos:1636366 and DTS:5.7626s
    *** 1 dup!
        Last message repeated 13 times
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=229 q=4.0 size=    3765kB time=00:00:07.64 bitrate=4032.8kbits/s dup=44 drop=0
        Last message repeated 11 times
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=194 q=4.8 size=    5151kB time=00:00:09.85 bitrate=4281.3kbits/s dup=56 drop=0
        Last message repeated 17 times
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=189 q=3.0 size=    6944kB time=00:00:12.64 bitrate=4498.3kbits/s dup=74 drop=0
        Last message repeated 15 times
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=183 q=2.0 size=    8715kB time=00:00:15.42 bitrate=4628.5kbits/s dup=90 drop=0
        Last message repeated 16 times
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=180 q=3.0 size=   10436kB time=00:00:18.15 bitrate=4710.1kbits/s dup=107 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=180 q=3.0 size=   12117kB time=00:00:21.15 bitrate=4692.3kbits/s dup=125 drop=0
        Last message repeated 18 times
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=182 q=2.0 size=   13944kB time=00:00:24.41 bitrate=4678.6kbits/s dup=144 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=183 q=2.0 size=   15775kB time=00:00:27.59 bitrate=4683.2kbits/s dup=163 drop=0
        Last message repeated 20 times
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=185 q=2.0 size=   17814kB time=00:00:31.07 bitrate=4696.5kbits/s dup=184 drop=0
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=196 q=3.0 size=  117432kB time=00:03:20.51 bitrate=4797.7kbits/s dup=1124 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=195 q=3.0 size=  119246kB time=00:03:23.30 bitrate=4805.0kbits/s dup=1142 drop=0
        Last message repeated 8 times
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #4992 at 204.971 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=195 q=2.0 size=  120874kB time=00:03:25.88 bitrate=4809.4kbits/s dup=1156 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=194 q=3.0 size=  122427kB time=00:03:28.60 bitrate=4807.7kbits/s dup=1173 drop=0
        Last message repeated 23 times
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=195 q=2.0 size=  124428kB time=00:03:32.86 bitrate=4788.6kbits/s dup=1197 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=195 q=2.0 size=  126184kB time=00:03:35.87 bitrate=4788.5kbits/s dup=1213 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!3 fps=195 q=3.2 size=  128128kB time=00:03:39.00 bitrate=4792.6kbits/s dup=1231 drop=0
        Last message repeated 14 times
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=194 q=3.6 size=  129833kB time=00:03:41.76 bitrate=4796.1kbits/s dup=1246 drop=0
        Last message repeated 3 times
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=194 q=3.0 size=  131553kB time=00:03:44.25 bitrate=4805.6kbits/s dup=1250 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=193 q=2.0 size=  133150kB time=00:03:46.75 bitrate=4810.2kbits/s dup=1251 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=193 q=4.6 size=  134852kB time=00:03:49.60 bitrate=4811.4kbits/s dup=1266 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=193 q=4.0 size=  136881kB time=00:03:52.83 bitrate=4816.0kbits/s dup=1278 drop=0
        Last message repeated 5 times
    *** 1 dup!3 fps=192 q=2.0 size=  138573kB time=00:03:55.60 bitrate=4818.3kbits/s dup=1284 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #5853 at 238.321 is still interlacedits/s dup=1290 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #5854 at 238.355 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #5855 at 238.388 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #5856 at 238.422 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #5857 at 238.455 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=189 q=4.0 size=  142316kB time=00:04:00.76 bitrate=4842.2kbits/s dup=1290 drop=0
        Last message repeated 12 times
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=188 q=2.0 size=  143930kB time=00:04:03.32 bitrate=4845.6kbits/s dup=1303 drop=0
        Last message repeated 10 times
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #6040 at 245.378 is still interlaced
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #6041 at 245.412 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=188 q=4.0 size=  145554kB time=00:04:06.24 bitrate=4842.2kbits/s dup=1314 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #6139 at 249.049 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=188 q=3.0 size=  147682kB time=00:04:09.72 bitrate=4844.5kbits/s dup=1326 drop=0
        Last message repeated 1 times
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=188 q=3.0 size=  149126kB time=00:04:11.78 bitrate=4851.9kbits/s dup=1328 drop=0
        Last message repeated 12 times
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=188 q=2.0 size=  151010kB time=00:04:14.91 bitrate=4852.9kbits/s dup=1341 drop=0
        Last message repeated 6 times
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=187 q=2.0 size=  152523kB time=00:04:17.32 bitrate=4855.6kbits/s dup=1348 drop=0
        Last message repeated 9 times
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=187 q=4.5 size=  154298kB time=00:04:20.03 bitrate=4861.0kbits/s dup=1358 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=186 q=3.3 size=  155887kB time=00:04:22.59 bitrate=4863.2kbits/s dup=1370 drop=0
        Last message repeated 3 times
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=221 q=2.0 size=  536996kB time=00:16:30.38 bitrate=4441.8kbits/s dup=5631 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=221 q=2.0 size=  538983kB time=00:16:34.52 bitrate=4439.6kbits/s dup=5656 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #24195 at 996.412 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
    ---------------------- CUT 16 TO 32 ------------------------------------- forum char limit
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #46924 at 1938.94 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
        Last message repeated 2 times
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1044339kB time=00:32:19.50 bitrate=4411.0kbits/s dup=11189 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1046541kB time=00:32:23.50 bitrate=4411.2kbits/s dup=11213 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1048598kB time=00:32:26.78 bitrate=4412.5kbits/s dup=11232 drop=0
        Last message repeated 19 times
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=225 q=3.6 size= 1050638kB time=00:32:30.24 bitrate=4413.2kbits/s dup=11252 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1052547kB time=00:32:33.76 bitrate=4413.3kbits/s dup=11273 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1054503kB time=00:32:37.79 bitrate=4412.4kbits/s dup=11297 drop=0
        Last message repeated 22 times
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1056505kB time=00:32:41.85 bitrate=4411.6kbits/s dup=11320 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1058745kB time=00:32:45.96 bitrate=4411.7kbits/s dup=11345 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=225 q=2.8 size= 1060919kB time=00:32:49.53 bitrate=4412.7kbits/s dup=11366 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1062628kB time=00:32:53.40 bitrate=4411.2kbits/s dup=11389 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1064331kB time=00:32:57.54 bitrate=4409.0kbits/s dup=11414 drop=0
        Last message repeated 26 times
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=225 q=2.0 size= 1066303kB time=00:33:02.17 bitrate=4406.9kbits/s dup=11441 drop=0
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=224 q=2.0 size= 1114441kB time=00:34:30.36 bitrate=4409.6kbits/s dup=11952 drop=0
        Last message repeated 21 times
    *** 1 dup!6 fps=224 q=2.0 size= 1116678kB time=00:34:34.20 bitrate=4410.3kbits/s dup=11974 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=224 q=2.0 size= 1118859kB time=00:34:37.60 bitrate=4411.7kbits/s dup=11995 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=224 q=2.0 size= 1120916kB time=00:34:41.47 bitrate=4411.6kbits/s dup=12016 drop=0
        Last message repeated 9 times
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #50406 at 2083.15 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
        Last message repeated 7 times
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=224 q=3.0 size= 1122653kB time=00:34:44.61 bitrate=4411.7kbits/s dup=12034 drop=0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** 1 dup!0 fps=223 q=3.0 size= 1304777kB time=00:40:21.01 bitrate=4415.0kbits/s dup=14015 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #58593 at 2423.05 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
        Last message repeated 2 times
    *** 1 dup!3 fps=223 q=3.0 size= 1306328kB time=00:40:23.45 bitrate=4415.8kbits/s dup=14029 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=223 q=3.2 size= 1307936kB time=00:40:26.27 bitrate=4416.1kbits/s dup=14044 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #58693 at 2427.16 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
        Last message repeated 8 times
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=223 q=3.0 size= 1309621kB time=00:40:28.80 bitrate=4417.2kbits/s dup=14058 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=222 q=3.6 size= 1311238kB time=00:40:31.49 bitrate=4417.7kbits/s dup=14074 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1312882kB time=00:40:34.24 bitrate=4418.3kbits/s dup=14090 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1314484kB time=00:40:37.43 bitrate=4417.9kbits/s dup=14109 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1316175kB time=00:40:41.97 bitrate=4415.3kbits/s dup=14136 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!3 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1318194kB time=00:40:46.14 bitrate=4414.6kbits/s dup=14160 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!7 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1320217kB time=00:40:49.95 bitrate=4414.5kbits/s dup=14183 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1321954kB time=00:40:53.88 bitrate=4413.2kbits/s dup=14206 drop=0
        Last message repeated 25 times
    *** 1 dup!7 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1323866kB time=00:40:58.28 bitrate=4411.7kbits/s dup=14232 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!8 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1325814kB time=00:41:02.66 bitrate=4410.3kbits/s dup=14258 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1328053kB time=00:41:06.14 bitrate=4411.5kbits/s dup=14279 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!0 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1329665kB time=00:41:09.40 bitrate=4411.0kbits/s dup=14298 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!7 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1331707kB time=00:41:13.63 bitrate=4410.2kbits/s dup=14322 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!4 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1333636kB time=00:41:18.20 bitrate=4408.5kbits/s dup=14349 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1335723kB time=00:41:22.71 bitrate=4407.4kbits/s dup=14376 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!0 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1338000kB time=00:41:27.08 bitrate=4407.1kbits/s dup=14402 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1340271kB time=00:41:31.12 bitrate=4407.5kbits/s dup=14425 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #60315 at 2494.49 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
    *** 1 dup!1 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1342221kB time=00:41:34.79 bitrate=4407.4kbits/s dup=14447 drop=0
    [Parsed_fieldmatch_1 @ 0535a8a0] Frame #60387 at 2497.46 is still interlaced
    *** 1 dup!
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=223 q=3.0 size= 1344078kB time=00:41:37.85 bitrate=4408.1kbits/s dup=14464 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!3 fps=223 q=2.0 size= 1346128kB time=00:41:41.19 bitrate=4408.9kbits/s dup=14484 drop=0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=223 q=3.0 size= 1379645kB time=00:42:39.16 bitrate=4416.3kbits/s dup=14824 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!3 fps=222 q=2.0 size= 1381367kB time=00:42:41.92 bitrate=4417.1kbits/s dup=14841 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!7 fps=222 q=3.0 size= 1383172kB time=00:42:44.76 bitrate=4417.9kbits/s dup=14858 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!9 fps=222 q=2.9 size= 1385086kB time=00:42:47.84 bitrate=4418.7kbits/s dup=14876 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!2 fps=222 q=3.2 size= 1386985kB time=00:42:50.90 bitrate=4419.5kbits/s dup=14895 drop=0
    *** 1 dup!5 fps=222 q=3.0 size= 1388817kB time=00:42:54.00 bitrate=4420.0kbits/s dup=14913 drop=0
    [mpeg2video @ 051d0ba0] ac-tex damaged at 42 19
    [mpeg2video @ 051d0ba0] Warning MVs not available
    [mpeg2video @ 051d0ba0] concealing 495 DC, 495 AC, 495 MV errors in I frame
    *** 1 dup!
    *** 3 dup!
    No more output streams to write to, finishing.
    frame=77183 fps=222 q=2.0 Lsize= 1389601kB time=00:42:55.30 bitrate=4420.3kbits/s dup=14923 drop=0
    video:1216646kB audio:60355kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 8.817508%
    Input file #0 (VTS_01_1.VOB):
      Input stream #0:0 (data): 0 packets read (0 bytes);
      Input stream #0:1 (video): 62260 packets read (919281387 bytes); 62260 frames decoded;
      Input stream #0:2 (audio): 80474 packets read (61803744 bytes);
      Input stream #0:3 (audio): 0 packets read (0 bytes);
      Total: 142734 packets (981085131 bytes) demuxed
    Output file #0 (VTS_01.mpg):
      Output stream #0:0 (video): 77183 frames encoded; 77183 packets muxed (1245845327 bytes);
      Output stream #0:1 (audio): 80474 packets muxed (61803744 bytes);
      Total: 157657 packets (1307649071 bytes) muxed

This is as far as a workable thing I got to yet, no problems in MPC-HC. And I got rid of the 59 fps weirdness, which i still have no idea what that was all about, so it had to do with interlacing i guess.

I'm still going to push further to get it to 30 fps at least, and the whole thing will be upscaled to 720p in final anyway.
    Last edited by Wader8; 4th Sep 2014 at 00:26.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!