VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I just bought an LG DP132H DVD player, and I can't find any way to unlock the region restriction on it. I would appreciate any help that would allow me to change the setting to region free.
    Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's OK to ask. Maybe someone will reply with a code that works, but usually if you can't find an unlock code on the internet, one doesn't exist for your player. Most current DVD players can't be unlocked and it's even worse for BluRay players where almost none of them can be unlocked even if only for DVD playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks jman98,
    I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that someone out there knows how and is kind enough to share the knowledge.
    Quote Quote  
  4. To amplify jman98's spot-on reality check: Nowadays, questions of Region Code restrictions are best handled by removing them from the DVD/BD copy you make from the one you own.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Capneb86,
    I have the same problem unfortunately. I just purchased the LG132 region 4, as the store had no all region players available for sale.
    Iam a disabled lady pensioner, and not exactly tech minded, so I need a really simple solution if one exists. If any one can help (you all seem so smart), I would appreciate it. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Charmy View Post
    Hi Capneb86,
    I have the same problem unfortunately. I just purchased the LG132 region 4, as the store had no all region players available for sale.
    Iam a disabled lady pensioner, and not exactly tech minded, so I need a really simple solution if one exists. If any one can help (you all seem so smart), I would appreciate it. Thanks
    Since you are in Australia, you could contact LG.com.au and ask to have it made region free. Australia is probably one of the only countries where companies will even entertain the idea.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that hech54. I wouldnt have thought to ask LG, but now I will. I did find some ways of changing other model LG's, but I am worried that if I try, I might stop it working, so your suggestion is the best. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!