VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a problem trying to change the font size for .srt files so that they display larger in MKV movies overall. Any assistance would be appreciated ^_^
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must change that in your video player or in a subtitle filter liks vsfilter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or convert them to a different format (such as SSA or ASS) which allow you to specify the font size.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks guys. AM going to attempt converting subs later today.

The issue why it won't work changing in the player is that I am streaming the videos on a Samsung Smart TV (technical specifications later on if needed.)

In any case, I am going to try manono's solution and returm with the results.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How are you streaming? Just sharing the folder and playing the video files directly on your samsung tv?

Your samsung tv might not support ssa/ass subtitle files...or ignore font size settings. But you can try. Use for example aegisub.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks. Experimenting right now. Answers when I'm done for the day.
    Edit: Made experiments with ass subtitles. Both on MPEG 4 and MKV videos. none displayed the subtitles.
    My method of streaming is just copying the movie and subtitle on a hard drive/memory stick and playing it back on the TB via USB port.
    Last edited by Scarlet94; 2nd Sep 2014 at 16:15.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've never used ASS, but SSA play fine in MKVs (streamed from computer through Plex to a Roku3 and then to the TV). I 'embed' the subs using MKVMerge GUI. Have you checked your manual to see what kinds of subs are supported?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I already tried using embedded subtitles as an earlier phase of this project. TV won't recognize them. I will try to use the SSA font as well but for now the situation looks bleak. Thanks for the advice, update after the tests.
    Quote Quote