VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I been trying out Sony'svideo editor Movie Studio Platinum 13 (not Final Cut Pro) for some of my gaming content videos.
    Its still on trial version as I want to solve this problem before I buy it.

I noticed that in both the preview and finalized video that sometimes the video footage gets distorted, and causes some strange pixelization occurs at, and I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. I recorded the gameplay footage using D3Dgear, AVI2 (OpenDML) format and video codec set to Fast MPEG-4 Version 2 Codec, and the video was set to render using default settings for a Window Media Video file.

Here is a link to a screenshot with the corrupted video after editor rendered it.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/CsHPUGu.png

and here is one from the same scene using the original video before using it in the editor.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/CsHPUGu.png
    Last edited by needoriginalname; 31st Aug 2014 at 22:13. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't cross post. One thread is enough. I removed your other thread.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Your computer specs are incomplete. What model of Ideapad? Some models are tablets and don't have enough power to run Movie Studio 13
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  4. Its not a tablet, its a full laptop.

Intel Core i7 processor running at 2.00 GHZ, 2.5 GHz
    8 GB ram
    64-bit operating sytem.
    Its GPU is a GeFOrce 610M
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Movie Studio either supports your source video, or it doesn't. They don't support every possible codec.

Try something like free Cineform to convert it, if need be, or install a good free codec pack like K-Lite.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!