VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I having issues with my HD-PVR 2. I keep getting framedrops anywhere from 7 to 100+. I never had framedrops before. I thought maybe it was my PC or HD-PVR 2. Tried it on a brand new i7 PC same thing and a new HD-PVR, It still happening.

Anyone know why I am having these framedrops?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may assist if you expand on your setup.

Are you capping from a tv-receiver or a game console ?. Is there a hdmi-splitter or even a hdcp_stripper in the chain ?. Have you changed the cables ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    It may assist if you expand on your setup.

Are you capping from a tv-receiver or a game console ?. Is there a hdmi-splitter in the chain ?. Have you changed the cables ?
    Source: Gaming console
    HDMI Splitter: Yes (had the same one for years)
    Cables: all the same, No change.

Everything was fine until about a month ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well since neither the splitter nor the cables have been changed I would look at those.

In fact, I would have checked the cable first. Also try a cap direct from the console to the pvr ie take the splitter out of the chain (unless, of course, you are using that also as a stripper and it is required)

I expect you know the prime reason for dropped frames - the HDD can not keep up with the stream but since you have effectively changed the HDD that can be ruled out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well since neither the splitter nor the cables have been changed I would look at those.

In fact, I would have checked the cable first. Also try a cap direct from the console to the pvr ie take the splitter out of the chain (unless, of course, you are using that also as a stripper and it is required)

I expect you know the prime reason for dropped frames - the HDD can not keep up with the stream but since you have effectively changed the HDD that can be ruled out.
    I doubt it's the drives, since I have it running straight to a SSD. I will look at the cables. I also have a elgato HD60 and it's not listing any kind of framedrops with exactly same cables & splitters. Dunno, why I find this issue popping up on HD-PVR 2 confusing.

*Update*

Small update I changed some cables around it went from the usually 7 frames dropped to 4 frames dropped.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It seems frames only drop when recording from PS3(HDMI or Component). I just recorded 2 hours of footage from PS4 no framedrops. Maybe the recent system update screwed something up with output signals.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!