VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Well i did another approach, i stopped using WinDV and i used Scenalyzer, what was the result, instead of the audio drops i got on the final captured video some digital distortion like a parasite, or a noise from the background. I checked the 2 vids the one i captured with WinDV and the other i captured with Scenalyzer and i noticed that on the time that i was getting the audio drops in the video i captured with WinDV in the same time i got the digital noise (parasite) in the video i captured with Scenalyzer, also with camera's speaker i wasn't able to listen to that digital distortion, so i plugged my headphones to the camera and then i listened the distortion. So i am guessing that the problem is because of a faulty tape? Or something else? Here is a sample of the same video i uploaded before (which i captured it with WinDV), now here captured with Scenalyzer so you can listen to that distortion:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b8oap1yx0ft7jw/digital%20distortion%20%28w%20Scenalyzer%29.avi?dl=0

And here is another clip where you can listen to that digital distortion more clear:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9d4znl7727eaf9/exod.avi?dl=0

So if i am right probably there is a minor error in the tape and WinDV reacts to that error and creates the audio drops and Scenalyzer keep it to the video as it is.

Any suggestion why is that happening now and what's the fault and is there any way to fix it?

Also during the capturing with Scenalyzer i noticed on the timeline of the captured video a purple-pink line almost through the whole video, what's that mean, is that means the distortion? (screenshot is attached)Click image for larger version

Name:	scenalyzer.png
Views:	131
Size:	771.4 KB
ID:	27257
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi again guys, are there any other suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    So it's the tape. Extract the good video stream from the WinDV capture and the good audio stream from the Scenalyzer capture, then put them together. If they are exactly the same length, you can do all of this with FFmpeg. If not, you would need to bring them into an editing program to synchronize them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let's back up a little bit. You said the audio played fine through the camcorder speakers, but the dropout occurred only on the DV capture. This does not indicate a problem with the tape itself. You need to go through your camcorder display selections to see if there is an indication of whether the audio playing back is 12-bit or 16-bit. WinDV and other DV capture utilities usually look for 16-bit, but if the audio recorded on tape is 12-bit, then that may be what's causing problems.

An alternative solution is time consuming, but workable. Most camcorders will allow you to feed analog audio out through RCA connectors. You can capture that audio as a .wav file through your computer's line input port (which will likely require an RCA to mini plug adapter) and synchronize the ensuing audio track to the DV video using a timeline editor.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!