VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I just bought and xbox one and want to use it on my triple screen portrait oriented eyefinity setup. I dont expect it run at true 3240x1080 but will likely just upscale it on the pc. I do plan on using to capture footage but for now i need to make sure I can I can run an HDMI cable in and just view it through my three screens. Are there cards that offer zero lag when not capture since it would not be encoding as I play? Please let me know if there are any cards that can do this or if there's another solution to it, money is no issue I just want to be able to take advantage of my setup as I use a mod to play xbox one/360 with my keyboard and mouse and thus have to use my desk to play. If what Im trying to say is unclear let me know I will try to word it differently. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What you want to do probably won't work as well as you want. The maximum resolution and frame rate that can be recorded by a consumer capture device is 1080p60 and very few can do it.

The Avermedia Extremecap U3 claims to have no-lag capture software and supports 1080p60 input and capture, but the upscaled capture software probably will not look the way you expect. It will be also difficult for HD capture newbies to use for recording because it relies on software for compression and requires specific USB 3.0 controllers: http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/extremecap_u3

If you want to record game play, you will have an easier time with a 1080p60 capture device that hardware encodes and provides an HDMI pass-through. It would allow you to play at 1080p60, connect a single monitor to the pass-through for playing the game, and connect one or both of your remaining monitors to the video card to manage the recording process. This 1080p60 HDMI capture device encodes with hardware and has an HDMI passthough: https://www.elgato.com/en/game-capture-hd60
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can get a cheap HDMI splitter – lag problem solved and you don't ultimately need a capture device with passthrough anymore either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Skiller View Post
    You can get a cheap HDMI splitter – lag problem solved and you don't ultimately need a capture device with passthrough anymore either.
    True. Using an HDMI splitter would allow the OP to use one monitor for playing the game, just like using a capture device's HDMI pass-though, and if he gets the right one, it would also eliminate worries about HDCP incompatibility. ...but there are very few capture devices that can capture at 1080p60, and the second one I linked to just happens to have an HDMI pass through.

However, the OP has a different plan in mind. He wants to use the capture device's capture software for playing the game so he can use his video card in an Eyefinity configuration to stretch the capture software's display window across all three monitors in a panorama view. Although I don't think a 1920x1080 picture upscaled to 3240x1080 and stretched across multiple monitors will be pleasant to use for playing a game, the OP apparently thinks it will be OK.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mirillis Action! can record 3 or more monitors at same time.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The OP wants to view/record the HDMI output from an XBox One or XBox 360, not a PC game. Using Mrillis Action to record the screen while at the same time using a capture device and running its capture software so there is something for Mrillis Action to record would be stupid.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 30th Aug 2014 at 23:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not only that he going need one bad to bone ultra high hose power system just keep up which I think is personally is just dumb.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!