VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have several MP4 files which use the exact same video and audio codecs and settings that I want to join together into one, without re-encoding them.

When I tried YAMB, no matter if I choose "Creation -> Click to create an MP4 file with multiple video, audio, subtitle, and chapter streams" or "Editing -> Click to join supported files" the results were the same. A single short video that had multiple video and audio streams.

Then I tried Mp4Box GUI, and while it did create one long video steam, the audio streams were still multiple separate steams instead of one long stream like the video.

Is there any easy way to do this without re-encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try mp4joiner or avidemux(open the mp4 and then append the rest, choose video:copy,audio:copy, format: mp4 and save as a new mp4).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi ,

Also an example of batch file
    Code:
    ====
    @echo on
    ffmpeg -y -i "Video_1.mp4" -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts "Video_1.ts"
    pause
    ffmpeg -y -i "Video_2.mp4" -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts "Video_2.ts"
    pause
    ffmpeg -y -i concat:"Video_1.ts|Video_2.ts" -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -c copy -f mp4 "Video_full.mp4"
    pause
    :fin
    ====

Regards .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Are you willing to try a commercial product? I don't edit MP4 files, but VideoReDo TV Suite Plus should be able to do what you want. You can get a trial version for free and see if you like it. Trying to do this kind of thing through free programs just sucks in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. As long as they use the exact same specifications you can try VideotoVideo Converter (Tools>Join Video).
    Use 'Direct Stream Copy' preset to prevent conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux seemed to do the trick. Strange how neither Yamb nor MP4Box GUI worked.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MKVmergeGUI

Open first mp4 and use the append feature to add additional files. Click "Start Muxing". Use ffmpeg to return mkv to mp4 container.

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~na.mp4"
    Copy text and save as mkv2mp4.bat
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!