VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have a lot of subtitles(srt's) that I would like to edit using Subtitle Edit or Gaupol mostly from anime.
    What I'm trying to do is to delete a specific lines lets say with a word "Visit...". I dont wanna do it one by one as it is time consuming.

Is there any way to do this using batch file or alternatives that can do the same?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since srt subtitles are just text, you could probably create a macro in a word processor that would search for the word and delete the line.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In Subtitle Edit you could use Tools -> Batch convert, enable "Multiple Replace" with a regular expression like "Visit.*"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Nikse View Post
    In Subtitle Edit you could use Tools -> Batch convert, enable "Multiple Replace" with a regular expression like "Visit.*"
    Thanks for your response. I tried what you suggested but nothing happened. I entered the exact words that I would like to be removed along with the whole line in "Find What" and it only replaced the words and not delete the line.

& it might not be possible but I want to double check in case I'm missing something. Is it possible to choose the output folder in the same directory as the original file and maybe just add (1) at the end?

Thank you.

***UPDATE***

It worked! My mistake. I put it under "normal" instead of "regular expression". This will save me hours of time.

Pls answer my answer above about the output folder & is there anything I should be caution about the batch convert process or its pretty much straight forward? I just don't want to convert them all at once then after muxing all the videos then I find mistakes then I had to fix them all one by one.
    Last edited by Chakabear13@yahoo.com; 28th Aug 2014 at 08:51. Reason: update
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to choose the output folder in the same directory as the original file and maybe just add (1) at the end?
    Sorry no.

Also, "Visit.*\r\n.*" will be needed if a subtitle has two lines - you can right-click in the "Find what" textbox for regex help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Nikse View Post
    Is it possible to choose the output folder in the same directory as the original file and maybe just add (1) at the end?
    Sorry no.

Also, "Visit.*\r\n.*" will be needed if a subtitle has two lines - you can right-click in the "Find what" textbox for regex help.
    Thank you very much. This will come in handy.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!