VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello there, I need some help, I am looking to make a short video and want only a very few people able to see it and that short list would change every few days or weeks. So is there a way I could put a password on that video (or multiple passwords and be able to see which password watched it and which didn't) and also other features like just limit the number of views per password. Like the password expires after two or three views. Or even other stuff like if the IP address changes of the viewer as in if they forward it to somebody.

So basically have total control of who can view my video. I am actually making a video about how certain companies are being ripped off by their specialized marketing/advertising agencies and I only want the executives of the companies to whom I send it to see it and not just anybody or if that video link is forwarded by them to their advertising agenices - I don't want my competition to see those videos.

Any and every way to do that would be greatly appreciated. I will truly appreciate that will be very grateful.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can do some of that by using specialized PHP scripts on your website. Not easy to do. Best option is to use Vimeo and password protect that video but you will not be able to do multiple passwords for same video. You could upload the same video with different names and use different password for each but it's a lot of work and time and you will not be able to set password expire date after certain number of views or IP changes.

Methinks you are asking for too much.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just post it on your website and give the specific address to the people you want to view it and take it down after a few days.Nothing will stop people from copying it even with passwords.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It can be done, but as TreeTops said, not easily (nor cheaply).

If you want COMPLETE control, make an appointment, walk into the executive's office and personally play the clip for them from your own laptop. Otherwise, your attempt is Quixotic.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Just post it on your website and give the specific address to the people you want to view it and take it down after a few days.
    That does nothing to stop those addressees from giving out the address to OTHERS.

BTW, @Kindness, what happens when your "competition" reads this thread and KNOWS that you're making a video against them?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Kindness, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Just post it on your website and give the specific address to the people you want to view it and take it down after a few days.
    That does nothing to stop those addressees from giving out the address to OTHERS.

BTW, @Kindness, what happens when your "competition" reads this thread and KNOWS that you're making a video against them?

Scott
    Lot more simpler than using passwords which can be shared instantly,it does stop people from seeing the site all the time when the file is taken off after.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!