VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had my AverMedia Live Gamer Portable since January, and it has worked fine until a month ago. I use it on my Xbox 360. Basically, I unplugged it for a couple days and forgot to put it back because I was cleaning my desk and then I went on vacation. When I got back, I plugged it back in, and I thought it was fine.

However, when I went on RECentral, I used the same exact settings, everything was the same, except the screen on the computer that you would click to capture and show the footage on your computer was black.

Here's what it looked like: http://gyazo.com/b91a800a8b4761f523072bf7e994a926

I've tried almost everything you would normally do, make sure the software and drivers were up to date, re installed everything, unplug and re plug, trying my computer and another xbox, but still no dice. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a solution, because I lost my receipt to the LGP so I cant return it.

Thanks,
    John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome OutaTime27

Highly recommend a scanner to copy receipts in future.

It might be an idea to use system restore to return the system to the pre-install RECentral setup ... this would also remove any system updates that have since snuck in without user notice which may cause issue ... ms are well known for breaking users systems .... bad ms

RECentral is prone to serious lockups where even uninstalling it and reinstall will not work.

Make sure this usb capture device is re-connected to the original port used to install the device ... windows usb device registry zone can run foul if theres a number of usb devices being disconnected and reconnected over time ... might need to clean it out.

Usbview
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    Welcome OutaTime27

Highly recommend a scanner to copy receipts in future.

It might be an idea to use system restore to return the system to the pre-install RECentral setup ... this would also remove any system updates that have since snuck in without user notice which may cause issue ... ms are well known for breaking users systems .... bad ms

RECentral is prone to serious lockups where even uninstalling it and reinstall will not work.

Make sure this usb capture device is re-connected to the original port used to install the device ... windows usb device registry zone can run foul if theres a number of usb devices being disconnected and reconnected over time ... might need to clean it out.

Usbview

I downloaded USB Device, and here's what it showed: http://gyazo.com/200a64a1e971ec472a9742db812ab60d
    I've tried every USB port on my computer, but none seem to get it working.

I also want to add that before I plugged it back into my PC, I also wanted to see if it worked on my laptop, but it had the same problem. Maybe it was because I used it on my laptop?

Thanks for all your help,

John

Also, System Restore is a last resort for me.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!