VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all the cats,

my dino-nle Speed Razor for cats HD have generate this attached mpeg-in-avi audio/video file

I try to open it with virtualdub with the ffmpeg input plugin V0.8.1.4, it load the file but if I try to play it I get a "Error while seeking file"

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCAT6.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	27017

Why? thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Need more info. What OS? What version of Virtualdub? 32 or 64 bit ? Exact error message?

Try dragging and dropping the file instead of using ffmpeg input plugin (make sure h264 is set to libavcodec in ffmpeg vfw configuration). Works fine on my end using Windows 7, Virtualdub 1.10.5 32bit.

File information says it's an h264 video (not mpeg) with mp3 audio in avi container. Could try remuxing into mkv container with mkvmerge. Still need h264 vfw config and fcchandler's mkv input plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  3. windows 8.1 32bit, Virtualdub 1.10.4 (to open it using the ffmpeg plugin you have to first select "FFMpeg supported files" from menu "type" when open it)

in virtualdub the simpatia.avi is loaded but when I try to process it or if I play it, I get the error:

Name:  ERR.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  50.5 KB
    Quote Quote  
  4. I note this:

if I use --bframes 0 instead of --bframes 1 in the x264VFW control panel, and in virtualdub all seems well

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFZERO.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	906.3 KB
ID:	27024
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What does any of that have to do with my reply or your original post for that matter? I suggested two options and you ignored both of them. I know how to use the "FFMpeg supported files" option. My suggestion was to use "Drag and Drop" instead of "FFMpeg supported files" since it gives you problems with h264.avi while both of my suggestions worked fine for me.

If I use "FFMpeg supported files" on your avi, the file seeks and plays OK but I see two errors at the bottom. Whoops! Now Virtualdub is not responding which means there is something wrong with the avi file and the way that the plugin is trying to read the file but it has no problems with the two suggestions that I made.

H264 in an avi container creates a broken file which is why we suggested using the command line encoder (external encoder feature) in Virtualdub instead of the x264vfw encoder. I knew better than to reply to this post since you seem to have a problem with the English language and never listen to anyone's suggestions but only seem interested in pushing your Speed Razor NLE software.

My suggestion for you would be to post your Speed Razor problems to the Speed Razor forum since no-one here is familiar with this software.
    Quote Quote  
  6. As far as I am concerned, x264VFW have a bug when used in different mode than "--bframes 0" and out of virtualdub

So the problem is x264vfw: I realized this only now

I push speedrazor? wow it's only for cats^^, speedrazor dead 11 year ago

In attachement the same file but encoded with the "--bframes 0" option: it works fine in all enviroments

however thank for interesting
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!