VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When using DVDFab Copy for Blu-ray, I get the "Specify region code" message, which asks me to select from regions 1, 2 or 3. I want to rip the Blu-ray and remove the region code. In order to do this, do I need to select the same region code as on the back of the Blu-ray packaging (as stated in this link http://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/passkey/DVD) or will the region code be removed no matter which region I select?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Using the discs actual region code stated on the package is highly recommended. I doubt it is a game-changer if you put the wrong one by mistake however, it will still get done. All copies are region free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay, thanks. If the disc is region free, I guess it doesn't matter which region I select?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jackson2317 View Post
    Okay, thanks. If the disc is region free, I guess it doesn't matter which region I select?
    With AnyDVD it doesn't, but I don't have DVDFab to test with. Would it kill you to just try it? Geez, if you had tried it already instead of spending hours in this thread, you could quite possibly already be done instead of getting all hung up on having people give you 100% guarantees about everything before you even try. What exactly do you think is going to happen if it doesn't work? It's not like DVDFab is to destroy your PC permanently if you answer this question wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  5. According to my knowledge, the software may remove the region code by changing the original region code into "all region code" , you can play it on any players. If you select a wrong region code, the output disc may have problems in content.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johnsonchang View Post
    According to my knowledge, the software may remove the region code by changing the original region code into "all region code" , you can play it on any players. If you select a wrong region code, the output disc may have problems in content.
    WRONG.
    The software isn't asking you what region you WANT the copy to be, it is asking what region the original disc is straight from the package.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by johnsonchang View Post
    According to my knowledge, the software may remove the region code by changing the original region code into "all region code" , you can play it on any players. If you select a wrong region code, the output disc may have problems in content.
    WRONG.
    The software isn't asking you what region you WANT the copy to be, it is asking what region the original disc is straight from the package.
    Yes, the software is asking you to select the original region for the disc.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!