VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I have no idea whats going on, two thumb drives and a harddrive. All auto delete the second I attach the device to the PC. Anyone have any ideas? defective device? or is their some other underlining issue?

I know it's not my PC, it's brand new.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
    Final question and I should be set. When recording in 720p shouldn't the fps be 59.940. When I record to flash drive it's coming over as 58.941 with AVC Baseline of L3.1.

When I recorded 1080i source it comes over with 29.970 with AVC baseline of L4. 1080i is fine but 720p is a bit off.
    Are you sure it 58.941 and not 59.941?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Final question and I should be set. When recording in 720p shouldn't the fps be 59.940. When I record to flash drive it's coming over as 58.941 with AVC Baseline of L3.1.

When I recorded 1080i source it comes over with 29.970 with AVC baseline of L4. 1080i is fine but 720p is a bit off.
    Yes, it was 58. I did record some new 720p footage to see again. Of course it auto deleted once I plugged the drive into my pc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post

Yes, it was 58. I did record some new 720p footage to see again. Of course it auto deleted once I plugged the drive into my pc.
    You right I just check how odd
    I pass this on them it most like a bug in frimware
    Quote Quote  
  5. If I was to get avermedia live portable what is a good SD card to get? Never bought a SD card in my life not sure if one brand is better than the other.

I would like a good card without any issue of missing frames during PC free mode and needs to be 128 gigs.

- thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I was to get avermedia live portable what is a good SD card to get? Never bought a SD card in my life not sure if one brand is better than the other.

I would like a good card without any issue of missing frames during PC free mode and needs to be 128 gigs.

- thanks
    You never come even close to max it out on write speed I say just look for PNY , SanDisk in a min of a UHS-1/Class 10 or UHS Speed Class 1
    Quote Quote  
  7. Got a replacement for HD Rocket should have it tomorrow, Also ordered a PNY Attache 2 (128 GB) and Corsair Voyager Slider USB 3.0 (64 GB).

If those don't work i'm out of ideas why files are vanishing from the drive.

------

Windows 7 x64 -> reformat USB drive to NTFS -> plus USB flash drive into Rocket -> Record (wait for ready light and hit the record button) -> once done hit record button wait for lights stop flashing -> remove USB flash drive -> plug into PC

Did I miss anything?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    once done hit record button wait for lights stop flashing and wait a few more sec then you pull it out
    Quote Quote  
  9. three hours (3 Clips), no problem so far with replacement I got. I'll fully test it out over the weekend.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Update files are still vanishing. Going return this I not going keep having files removing them selves every time I record something I need.
    ----------

Which is best brand of sad card to use Avermedia device? I know someone said stay away from sandisk. Is pny or sony better? Just don't want any issues or missing frames while in PC free mode.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Whats the difference between SDHC and SDXC? I assume the difference is speed? Can a SDXC be used in Avermedia device?

Sorry for newbie question never bought a SD card in my life. I'm looking at 64 or 128GB Class 10 card for the device that will work without any issues like framedrops or any other issues.

Which card would be the best?

Card 1: http://www.amazon.com/PNY-64GB-Elite-Performance-UHS-1/dp/B00HIKBW1G/ref=sr_1_1?s=elec...s=pny+Class+10
    Card 2: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Class-Memory-SF32UY-TQMN/dp/B00B7ID99I
    Card 3: http://www.amazon.com/PNY-64GB-Elite-Performance-UHS-1/dp/B00HIKBW1G/ref=sr_1_1?s=elec...s=pny+Class+10

- Thanks
    Last edited by Revan654; 17th Sep 2014 at 03:30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not speed. Size (and accompanying Filesystem).

<=32GB = SDHC (usually FAT32)*
    >=64GB = SDXC (exFAT, "required")**

Scott

*NTFS is possible but not very compatible with devices. exFAT is also possible but even less compatible.

**Can use other FS, but devices are not expected to be compatible with it. Possible, but not likely, to have <64GB as SDXC (currently none are sold that way).

If the Avermedia device didn't originally specify that it supported SDXC, it can't be used in it and that won't change with firmware updates.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Avermedia list: SD Card: SDHC Class 10 is the minimum requirement.

I'm new to all these SD cards I'm kind of clueless what works and what doesn't.

So would these work:

Card 1: http://www.amazon.com/PNY-32GB-Elite-Performance-UHS-1/dp/B00DX5D9I4/ref=sr_1_1?s=elec...+SDHC+class+10

Card 2: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Class-Memory-SF32UY-TQMN/dp/B00B7ID99I
    Last edited by Revan654; 17th Sep 2014 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just read, you can use SDXC cards.

They need to be formatted to Fat. I assume I can format the card the same way I format a harddrive or flashdrive?

On my one PC I don't have a card reader Can I use this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IX9ZDKC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A18YO9QJVZ6LHS ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. If you have disappearing files with multiple different SD cards the problem is likely with the capture device or your PC, not the cards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Read the FAQ from Avermedia:
    Situation:

LGP supports FAT32 (which is most popular format for SD card storage device) format only in PC-Free mode. When you use SDXC-type SD card; however, the default format of it will be exFAT and the system utility from Windows cannot re-format it to FAT32 format.

Solution:

1. Download guiformat from here.
    2. Select the drive location of the SD Card and set Allocation unit size over 32K (32768).
    3. Start formatting

4. Finish the process and your SD card can now support LGP PC-Free recording.
    This means: SDXC is physically compatible with the Avermedia LGP, but the device isn't designed to support exFAT, so all SDXC cards must first be reformatted to FAT32. However, you cannot format it from within the LGP, it must be done within Windows.
    ...AND, you cannot format using standard Windows formatting utilities - Windows won't let you (they're expecting you to follow their rules and use exFAT). So you have to use the Avermedia-supplied formatting utility. This, of course, doesn't GUARANTEE that the resulting card will always be correctly readable.

In concert with what jagabo just said, if you have files "disappearing" on your SD cards, one of these things is happening:
    1. The device isn't finishing its work in capturing & saving, and the file is lost (though there is a remote possibility of it being recovered)
    2. The device has copy protection and the files that are deleting are those that are supposed to remain protected & non-copyable (you can't copy what no longer exists)
    3. The device hasn't deleted the files, but they are just hidden, possibly due to same as reason #2, possibly due to corruption from drivers
    4. ...possibly other reasons I haven't thought of

There is nothing wrong with Sandisk. Whoever told you that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Do the missing files re-appear when you unplug from the PC?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!