VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    which is the smartest deinterlace filter in AviDemux 2.6.8?
    For "smart" I mean the right mix of efficiency and easiness to use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deinterlace.png
Views:	1013
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	26964

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Marco, you're obviously new to this. Welcome.

I highly recommend you take about a 1 minute section of your footage with a lot of motion and try all of them. It won't take very long and you'll see for yourself what they each do. You'll quickly narrow it down to one or two you prefer.

If you can't decide after that, please post two or three (no more) and we can advise you on the pluses and minuses.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    I highly recommend you take about a 1 minute section of your footage with a lot of motion and try all of them. It won't take very long and you'll see for yourself what they each do. You'll quickly narrow it down to one or two you prefer.
    Ok, I'll try. At the moment I excluded those for telecide and those that change the number of frames. But anyway it's a hard choice... For the moment I opted for YADIF that it seems to be the easier to configure. However I would like to know the opinion/experience of other users.
    Quote Quote  
  4. "Best" So far, that I used is qtgmc (avisynth), yadif "second best".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Marco Bux View Post
    At the moment I excluded those for telecide and those that change the number of frames.
    Best depends on your source. Film based material telecined to 29.97 fps should be inverse telecined -- Telecide + Decimate to 23.976 fps. Of the others, Yadif is usually best for true interlaced material. And you want to double the frame rate (bob) for smoothest results.

But generally, I find AviDemux to be too buggy to do anything useful.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The larger point I was sneakily trying to make is that the indispensable tools are experimentation and judgement. (That being said, yadif is often a good bet.) And I agree with jagabo on AviDemux, I've installed/gotten frustrated/uninstalled it more times than I can count.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    And I agree with jagabo on AviDemux, I've installed/gotten frustrated/uninstalled it more times than I can count.
    Me too. But I must admit that with the last vesion 2.6.8.v2 I changed my mind...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use AviDemux 2.4.4 , but only for basic MPEG2 cutting and audio replacement.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!