VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have full one to one decrypted rips of blu-rays that i own and making the rips so they can be played on my media center and can put the discs away, anyways my question is with tv series like Game OF Thrones i want to be able to turn those into individual episodes (aka seperate mkv files) as apposed to one giant disc and wish to have all the subtitles and additonal audio tracks attached to each one plus i do not want any quality loss on audio or video and kept at 1080P.

is there an easy way todo this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes and yes.
    Makemkv does not re-encode or compress anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok but what program can i use to take that decryped 1 to 1 copy and extract each episode of GOT to thier own MKV files with full 1080P and all audio tracks and subtitles? size of each file is not a problem for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. One way to do it: MKVToolnix. Use the front-end MKVMergeGUI (mmg).

First you use MakeMKV to rip to *files*, not MKV.

Click "Add" and navigate to an *.mpls (playlist) file in the Playlist folder in your rip. Let mmg scan for all playlists. Add an episode, then add it to the queue. Repeat as necessary. Quality will remain the same, as all you're doing is "repackaging" the contents to MKV container.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jumper55 View Post
    ok but what program can i use to take that decryped 1 to 1 copy and extract each episode of GOT to thier own MKV files with full 1080P and all audio tracks and subtitles? size of each file is not a problem for me.
    Makemkv

So MakeMKV does not rip single episodes to MKV from bluray but it does from dvd ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Originally Posted by jumper55 View Post
    ok but what program can i use to take that decryped 1 to 1 copy and extract each episode of GOT to thier own MKV files with full 1080P and all audio tracks and subtitles? size of each file is not a problem for me.
    Makemkv

So MakeMKV does not rip single episodes to MKV from bluray but it does from dvd ?
    You got me there. You'd have to rip the episodes one at a time.

The OP has a "1 to 1" copy, which I presume means files/folder, so that step was unnecessary, having already been done.

So do them one at a time or in one shot from a full disc rip. Whichever one prefers.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 17th Aug 2014 at 08:17.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm pretty sure MakeMKV will separate them for you if they are separate files on the disc. You would just need to go to each one and rename it accordingly so you could tell which was which.

Also, why a 1:1 backup? To each his own, but Handbrake at RF18 with slow x264 preset looks pretty dang good compared to the source.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
    I'm pretty sure MakeMKV will separate them for you if they are separate files on the disc. You would just need to go to each one and rename it accordingly so you could tell which was which.
    I think you must be right. I just yesterday came across a reference to that capability. Oh well, it's been awhile since I used MakeMKV.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!