VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I'm sure there's probably dozens of similar threads on here related to this topic but either way I figured I'd post.I actually posted this question in a similar thread in this site but someone suggested I'd post in the Mac section. Anyways I have an MKV file I would like to burn to DVD. I've been given a few suggestions from other sites but not much luck. The closest I came to was using a program on Windows 7 called ConvertX which produced the DVD but the quality wasn't as high as I wanted it to be. Currently I am a Mac person so I also tried using multiAVCHD with Crossover but conversion failed. My question here is what programs can I use on Mac to burn my MKV file to DVD. Keep in mind my file has about 3 audio tracks which I want to preserve. I don't want it to convert with just one. Any suggestions???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Toast (not you, the program).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crissrudd4554 View Post
    Hi I'm sure there's probably dozens of similar threads on here related to this topic but either way I figured I'd post.I actually posted this question in a similar thread in this site but someone suggested I'd post in the Mac section. Anyways I have an MKV file I would like to burn to DVD. I've been given a few suggestions from other sites but not much luck. The closest I came to was using a program on Windows 7 called ConvertX which produced the DVD but the quality wasn't as high as I wanted it to be. Currently I am a Mac person so I also tried using multiAVCHD with Crossover but conversion failed. My question here is what programs can I use on Mac to burn my MKV file to DVD. Keep in mind my file has about 3 audio tracks which I want to preserve. I don't want it to convert with just one. Any suggestions???
    Yes, I do that too from time to time. I'm using iFFmpeg. Just load the the MKV file into iFFmpeg, and at the apps top toolbar press the make ISO button. After that you can burn with any standard burning program or even OSX's own tools. I'll edit this and post a link to my thread.

You will lose subtitles this way, but everything else works well.

Last page of thread mentioned
    Last edited by crjackson; 21st Aug 2014 at 23:03.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll try that and thats ok. I don't need the subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by crissrudd4554 View Post
    I'll try that and thats ok. I don't need the subtitles.
    Post back after you've tried it and let me know how it worked out. Don't forget to download the latest FFmpeg binary and install it (just drag the binary file into the main iFFmpeg window and it will install it for you. Also tweak any settings you might want to change from default before pressing the "Make ISO" button.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm having difficulty getting a compiled FFmpeg binary file. I'm only getting the folder. I don't know to make it an icon so I can drag it to iFFmpeg so the program will work. I tried using the programs suggestions and found a site that step by step was telling me to compile a binary file but it needed me to download Xcode from the App store but the program couldn't be downloaded on my Mac. Is there a simpler way to get the binary file??? Whenever I sick the link on the FFmpeg page on this site I get this page http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ but I don't know which to use and what to do with it once I got
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can get it here http://ffmpegmac.net

You don't have to compile it, just drag the binary into the main windows of iFFmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok thanx! I'll try again!
    Quote Quote