VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got this file with bad audio , i got it on a news site with StreamTransport

the file was playing bad directly on the site , so i supose it was badly recompress

anything i could do with it ?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would extract the audio with ffmpeg or Pazera Free Audio Extractor and try some filters in audacity, adobe audition etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. http://files.videohelp.com/u/198336/3-beaulieul.aac

This was the best I could do using similar to Baldrick's suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and what did you do exactly ? in case i got this kind of problem again

i figure the audio was affected by bad framerate conversion

i tried flvextract , some audacity and cool edit pro's clip restoration with no sucess
    Last edited by smartel; 15th Aug 2014 at 13:37.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The sample you provided was just about as bad as it gets.
    It can't be fixed in one pass and it does take time (depending on your level of expertise and practice).
    I like Audacity but for a job like this it helps to have pro software. In this case, the problems were quickly rectified with Adobe Audition.

First off I converted to WAV.

Because the clicks are fairly regular and of a similar pattern it was simply a matter of taking a few noise print snapshots.
    As you probably know noise prints are direct samples and only act on the specific like-patterns throughout the file.
    The samples should be as small as possible. It is best to use a number of these in separate passes (if you sample too broadly
    you are likely to catch some of the foreground and lose some of what you are trying to isolate - in practice it's hard to avoid this
    completely and some loss is inevitable, hence the sound distortion apparent when using noise reduction).
    The FFT Size and snapshot sample amount is what governs the quality of the final result.

After the noise reduction is complete to a satisfactory degree, I usually run it through an equalizer and convert back to
    whatever audio format is required. It's not rocket science but it can take a bit of practice to get familiar with the technique.

Audacity can do a lot of this, and very well, Audition just does it better. The buzz word at the moment is 'Izotope',
    Izotope RX 3 is reported to be 'THE' software for repair. I tried the trial a while back. While it can do all that is necessary
    I prefer the flexibility, price and the approach (filter methods) of Adobe. It all boils down to personal choice and experimenting with various packages.
    Diamond Cut DC EIGHT is another package to have a play with, can't comment though, as I've not used it.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!