VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi, everybody

I have a question about How to upscale DVD into 720p? I have Old indian NTSC DVD9 looks terrible and interlaced
    Is there any thing I can do to fix that DVD or it doesn't deserve wasting time in upscaling?
    Thanks in advance

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  
  2. it might be difficult to do so, as we know its easy to make something small, but if you make it larger, it needs more fine work and takes a long time. some players and software may upscale the 480P DVD to 720P, but it may distort the original video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johnsonchang View Post
    it might be difficult to do so, as we know its easy to make something small, but if you make it larger, it needs more fine work and takes a long time. some players and software may upscale the 480P DVD to 720P, but it may distort the original video.
    Thanks, man
    Quote Quote  
  4. All HDTVs, all Blu-ray players, and many DVD players upscale 480i or 480p video when playing it. You might be able to do slightly better in software with something like Video Enhancer or nnedi3_rpow2() in AviSynth. You'll need to inverse telecine before upscaling. But upscaled crap is still going to look like crap.
    Last edited by jagabo; 14th Aug 2014 at 08:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    All HDTVs, all Blu-ray players, and many DVD players upscale 480i or 480p video when playing it. You might be able to do slightly better in software with something like Video Enhancer or nnedi3_rpow2() in AviSynth. You'll need to inverse telecine before upscaling. But upscaled crap is still going to look like crap.
    Thanks, Jagabo I'll take by your advice.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!