VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried using the code which you mentioned but in vain, please help, I still cannot watch any region 1 Blu rays or DVD's
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I say this all the time. You probably won't believe it though.

1) It is usually IMPOSSIBLE to unlock ALL Samsung and Sony players - DVD and BluRay.
    2) A very small number of those players can be unlocked, but it may be for players sold in other parts of the world only. For example, for Samsung it may be that ONLY players sold in Australia can be unlocked. This is because of hardware differences between your model and theirs.
    3) Sometimes firmware updates break unlock codes. The only fix is to install an older firmware, but this may not be allowed by some manufacturers and there is always a chance that doing this may destroy your player.
    4) If by some miracle you find a code that actually unlocks your player, it will only unlock it for DVDs and not for BluRays.

In the future if you want a BluRay player that can be unlocked, you have to buy from an online seller who has done hardware modification on the player to unlock it. These players are more expensive than standard models that can't be unlocked. If you just buy a player from a store and hope to unlock it later yourself, that probably won't happen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dranilgphillip View Post
    I tried using the code which you mentioned but in vain, please help, I still cannot watch any region 1 Blu rays or DVD's
    You are referring to this? https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=HT+F6550W&hits=50&Search=Search

The member who posted the hack is likely to be the only person who might be able to help you.

...but as jman98 said, the hacks posted here are not guaranteed to work for every version of a player sold worldwide. You can post a comment on the page saying the hack didn't work for you, along with the firmware version used in your player, if you know it.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!