Does anyone out there have a region unlock code for AVOL ABR250M. It was on sale at local exchange store but now I can't find any information about these machines. Any help would be appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
I see BR in the model name so I am guessing this is a BluRay player. Here are the general rules.
1) Most BluRay players can't be unlocked - ever - not even just for DVD playback.
2) If you are able to enter a code into a BluRay player to unlock it, the unlocking will probably only work for DVDs and not BluRays.
3) There's no harm in asking for a code, but if you had to ask because you searched and couldn't find one, a code may not exist for your player.
4) If you bought Sony or Samsung, you're wasting your time even trying to unlock it.
5) Sometimes codes no longer work. This can be because the code worked in the past, but the firmware got updated to stop it from working. This can also be due to hardware differences so that the code does still work, but only on players sold in other parts of the world such as Australia and not at all on players sold where you live.
We have people who years later will suddenly join us to dig up old threads asking for codes and put a code in them. You must accept any risk from entering a code you found on the internet and we can't promise you that any code someone posts here will actually work or that it cannot harm your player. I'm not sure that all of those people who post codes years later are honest. In some cases I think they are wasting your time with codes that don't work at all.
One more thing - sometimes people enter codes but the information is incomplete or wrong. For example, it will say something like
Enter 1234 on the remote control
but it will not tell you that you must push the Setup button first or it won't work. So if you get information here, it may be missing some important details and it's up to you to figure out what you really must do. This happens all the time. We have many codes here for older players and the codes are correct but the instructions leave out critical steps that you must do or the code won't work, so you'll see people post saying something like "After you enter 2345 on the remote control you must push the Setup button twice and then open and close the disc tray" and the original instructions will only say to enter the code and say nothing about pushing Setup or opening and closing the disc tray.