VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since we are moving out of using disks to view our movies on TV
    and I am assuming that I can put a movie on a Jump Drive
    Would the possibility of using chapter points work ?

I am currently using Adobe Encore

I hope I asked this in the correct place
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can still use dvd and bluray format on your hdd/drive with all its feature.

But it would be better to make a mkv or mp4 file with chapters. You can add the chapters in video multiplexers. But not all players supports mkv/mp4 chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Who exactly is the "we" that is moving out of using discs? If that's you and your family because you made a personal decision, that's your business. If "we" means you've fallen for the hype that NOBODY on earth is going to buy discs anymore and they will be completely gone and unobtainable very soon now because EVERYTHING is available via streaming, then ha ha hah ha ha ha ..... you poor deluded man.
    Last edited by jman98; 13th Aug 2014 at 12:31. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fzf5bl View Post
    I am currently using Adobe Encore
    Then you would be aware that you can stud the timelines in Encore with chapters galore. You would also be aware that Encore is a blu-ray/DVD authoring program, which seems ironic, considering you think we're "moving out of using discs".
    Stop feeling suicidal just because he unfriended you on fezbuk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are you just going to be playing these back on your computer? My advice would be to use MakeMKV with the free beta key and VLC Media Player to play the files back. Maybe an external HDD to store the files on.

As for disc-based media becoming obsolete, I wouldn't count on it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Who exactly is the "we" that is moving out of using discs? If that's you and your family because you made a personal decision, that's your business. If "we" means you've fallen for the hype that NOBODY on earth is going to buy discs anymore and they will be completely gone and unobtainable very soon now because EVERYTHING is available via streaming, then ha ha hah ha ha ha ..... you poor deluded man.
    This.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    When I read the thread title I just knew that this post would be near the top

It's a brave soul who dares to suggest on this board that discs are starting to fade as the dominant source of video storage ........ you suggest that here at your peril!..

(The fact that it's probably true doesn't really enter much into the discussion, I'm afraid... )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, I was chastised once here when I said that 3D TV's were not selling.
    Inside Every Older Person Is A Younger Person Wondering What The Hell Happened.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Damn straight!

Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote