VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I notice lately that my mkv videos that are supposed to contain DTS-HD MA are showing 1536kbps in the filter tab... isnt this only the 1.5 mbps DTS-Core?
    How would i know for sure if its DTS-HD MA instead of Core?

Also, i want to convert it from DTS-HD MA to flac for convenience so that non DTS-HD MA compliant devices can accept it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. isnt this only the 1.5 mbps DTS-Core?
    Yes, since libav can only decode the dts core so can MPC-HC on it's own.
    Afaik there is not free dts-hd decoder available atm.

How would i know for sure if its DTS-HD MA instead of Core?
    Filters->LAV Audio Decoder (internal)->Pin Info, should show under 'Connection media type' what type of stream is decoded. (like I wrote it will be DTS not DTS-HD)

Also, i want to convert it from DTS-HD MA to flac for convenience so that non DTS-HD MA compliant devices can accept it.
    afaik. (never tried) eac3to can use the "ArcSoft DTS Decoder - version 1.1.0.0" to decode DTS-HD and then convert it the audio to flac.
    There is also a way to tell MPC-HC to use the ArcSoft DTS Decoder (dtsdecoderdll.dll), see: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1357375-advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide.html
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for the link selur. I will try thus tonight .

I have tried using eac3to and the dts plugin ... during the decoding, it read the source as 1509 kbps which is peculiar and the file gets from 1.5 gb to 3.4 gb is that normal?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it's working properly, it will say 7.1 channels , and identify the core as 5.1 1509kbps and say "decoding with Arcsoft DTS decoder" or something along those lines. Another way to verify is look at the output file channels in an audio editor (e.g. audacity). If only libav decoder is working, there will only be 6 channels, not 8

DTS-MA is losslessly compressed, so if you uncompress it - it should get larger. Flac has different levels/settings for compression, but usually it results in files smaller than DTS-MA

Also, DTS-MA can come in 6ch varieties (not all are 8ch)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try this - http://www.dll-found.com/dtsdecoderdll.dll_download.html

This is a link to a .zip file that contains the DTS-HD decoder .dll file that you need.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!