VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! I'm trying to burn a Video_TS file in imgburn. It will be on a DVD-9. I know I have to use the build mode, and then I choose the folder, then click on the calculator. The Create Layer Break Position page opens. Instead of 1, I have 2 files with No in the SPLIP column. The differences in their listing are--- the first file has 1 in the PGC column; the other has 2. In the chapter column the first has 8: the second has 5. In Cell, the first has 9: the second has 6. The Start Time column: the first---00:47:33: the second---00:27:41. I did a google search and found that there was a problem burning DVD-9 disks that had multiple PGC. The only solution I found was to use PGCDemux to combine the 2 into 1 file. I ran the program, but I have 2 ifo files---Video_TS.ifo and VTS_01_0.ifo. The first created 1 file---the second created 3 files. The first---VTS_01_0.VOB: The Second created 3---VTS_01_1.Vob, 2.VOB, 3.VOB. The first file is smaller than the original Video_TS.VOB file---248kb to 151,330 kb. I know the original file is video which is what I want to burn. Am I going about this all wring? What should I do or what should I be doing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Video_TS.* is the disc's top menu.
    VTS_01_*.* is a track, can include a chapter menu (VTS_01_0.vob) and a movie (VTS_01_1+.vob). The IFO and BUP files contain the navigation info.

What you have is normal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the response. In Convertx 4, when the Create Layer Break Position page appears, you're supposed to choose the file that says No in the SPLIP column. Which one should I choose? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Preview them both and make your own decision. Where the cell number changes from one to the other is where the physical layer change will take place, and that can sometimes cause a slight pause in playback... so pick whichever one that pause is less noticeable in - i.e. at a scene change and not during a fast moving action scene.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the response. I've been giving the wrong info. It was ImgBurn. I was using. I found a tutorial on google and have burned the file to disk Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!