VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are there dvd players that can play most video formats like the TEAC hdb850 can ? because I want to put all my different video formats onto DVD and play them, they include – avi(xvid) , mpg, mov , flv and more, my set top box can play these no problem via usb stick.

but really want to play them of DVD. any suggestions would be appreciated.

And it needs to connect via old RCA socket.

if you know of any dvd players tht can do this please can you write down these models ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried plugging a hard drive into the set top box? It would probably have to be a mains powered model.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by auto7890 View Post
    are there dvd players that can play most video formats like the TEAC hdb850 can ? because I want to put all my different video formats onto DVD and play them, they include – avi(xvid) , mpg, mov , flv and more, my set top box can play these no problem via usb stick.

but really want to play them of DVD. any suggestions would be appreciated.

And it needs to connect via old RCA socket.

if you know of any dvd players tht can do this please can you write down these models ?
    Standard DVD players don't play a wide variety of media file types, especially not on a DVD, and they won't play high-definition video. Some Blu-Ray players will play the file types you are asking about (with some restrictions on the video and audio types inside as well as subtitles) from a DVD, but Blu-Ray players with analog connections are no longer being made because analog connections are presently a violation of the AACS license required for decrypting commercial Blu-Ray discs.

The closest thing I have seen to what you want is the Dune HD Max Network Media Player, but it is priced so high that I doubt that you will be interested in it: http://www.duneplayer.com/max.html It is a Blu-Ray and DVD player (it may or may not be licensed) as well as a media player.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Aug 2014 at 13:33.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!