VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There are quite a few options and packages for the DVDFab software.
    All I want to do is to take BlueRay discs that I own and copy the data so I can play them on a tablet.
    I know how to encode into the proper formats for the tablet, so all I need is to get the data off the BluRay.
    The DVDFab software is rather expensive, so I don't want to pay for features I don't need.

Also there are conflicting statements about the "US edition" - one says DVDFab has to be downloaded through a proxy from a non-US location, or the software will not decrypt and is worthless even if purchased. Another says that the freeware is crippled, but the purchased software still works regardless of where you download it from. Which is correct?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Even if you get the version without Blu-ray decryption, you can use WoooKao with DVDFab for decryption: http://www.myce.com/article/tutorial-backup-blu-ray-movies-with-woookao-and-dvdfab-72113/

Or just use MakeMKV in Backup mode to rip the entire Blu-ray to the hard drive. MakeMKV is free while in beta. All you have to do is put in a new beta key periodically. http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've found DVDFab to be somewhat of a bloated mess. I much prefer AnyDVD HD. It'll either run in the background decrypting, letting you do the ripping with something else, or it can rip discs itself. I use it with the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor. It's built into MeGUI, or there's a standalone version.

woookao looks interesting (being free). Does it work with pretty much any ripping program as AnyDVD does, or only with specific programs? The info on the website seems to imply it's the latter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know a great deal about Woookao, since I use AnyDVD HD.

The first version available at the Woookao website still had the DVDFab name on the download, but that disappeared fairly quickly, so I'm thinking it is a variation on their Passkey program. If DVDFab is still arguing in court with the AACS LA, I can't see this site helping their cause.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!