VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay so for my situation, I'm going to be making YouTube videos. I'm going to be taking them out in public and both during the day and night. However, I'm going to be muting the sound and replacing it with a song for every video. So my question is, do I really need to worry about what type of videocamera to purchase? I read that you should get one that films in at least 1080p if you're uploading videos to YouTube, but other than that should I be looking at anything else, or just looking to buy the cheapest camera that films in 1080p?? Thanks for any suggestions/comments
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1080p only describes the size of the raster and that it records frames progressively. It says nothing about the quality of the lenses, electronics, codecs, debayering techniques or even the frame rate.

Here are two 1080p cameras. One of them is $80,000, the other costs less.

Name:  2676001_sc.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  44.0 KBName:  737286.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  3.6 KB
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay, thanks for informing me. With that being said, do you have any suggestions as to what might be a good recorder for my situation? I'm not looking for something overly expensive[like several thousand], but at the same time I don't want to buy something cheap and get cheap quality as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your requirements as described are still quite broad.

My inclination is to steer you towards a good name-brand camcorder in the $400-$100 range, so start here and modify the parameters in the left hand column as you see fit. User reviews are quite helpful in this situation.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=1871&N=4294548093&mnp=400&mxp=1200
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's helpful, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!