VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I want to disable screensaver activation during audio playback in mpc-hc (64-bit). Other media players I use has this option. I have been unable to locate it in mpc-hc. I tried to locate a mpc-hc specific forum - no luck.

-thx.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Not an answer to your question, but I prefer the screensavers to be activated manually only.
    The so-called "modern" operating systems are full of built-in resource hogs and CPU-eaters,
    and the "inactivity detector" for the screensavers has always been one of them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's a semi-official MPC-HC thread over at the doom9 forum. There's no screensaver option I'm aware of. Obviously when playing video it prevents it, but I guess not when playing audio. I've never used it as an audio player and to be honest I'm kind of struggling to imagine doing so, but you asked the question, so I guess you have a reason.

Maybe a workaround might be a utility to make it nice and easy to activate/deactiavte the screensaver manually. A Google seems to indicate there's a few of them. Maybe one has an option to disable the screensaver when a particular program is running. https://www.google.com/search?q=prevent+screensaver+utility

Or if you're really keen, you could use a macro program to disable the screensaver when a particular program is running. AutoIt is quite popular and could probably do it, but I don't use it myself. I use AutoHotKey and I recall someone posting a script which stopped the screensaver from activating when foobar2000 was playing audio, back before it had that option built-in. So if you're keen:

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=46662
    The way I read the script it simply checks the foobar2000 title bar for what's written there. If it's not "foobar2000 v0.8.3" (old foobar2000 in this case) it assumes foobar2000 is playing audio and effectively taps the shift key once every "X' minutes. You could probably create something similar for MPC-HC. As long as AutoHotKey is installed, running a script is just a matter of double clicking on one, or you can put them in the Start Menu Startup folder etc.
    Or there might be a more clever way to do it.....
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    For the curious...... just rename the .SCR to .EXE, and then call it with the CLI switch /s.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	manual-screensavers.png
Views:	902
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	26758  

Last edited by El Heggunte; 7th Aug 2014 at 09:02. Reason: add info
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thx for reply. h_h, I will look into advice. (I use audio for playback of lectures and audio books)
    Quote Quote  
  6. I need answer to this too. I don't want screensaver to activate during audio playback in MPC.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!