VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm a streaming novice. I've tried finding the answer to this question in the help section and online, but couldn't.. Hence, the question.

I need to receive cable/satellite channels and stream them out to proprietary software that can receive an RTMP stream input.

From what I've found while researching this topic, I need to do the following:-
    Cable/Satellite Set-Top box Component output -> Blackmagic Intensity Pro inserted into Linux box converted to MPEG TS -> gstreamer software -> RTMP

Do I have it right? Is there a better way of doing it? Is it better to use Wowza instead of gstreamer?

I imagine I will have to setup this up at home. Is there any colo/hosting provider that will host the STB + server box for me? Will Wowza cloud version also host the STB for me?

Again, I'm sure this is territory that has been explored before. So I was hoping some of the experts here can point me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
    Jug
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you want to stream it out to watch someplace else

buy a sling box, or one of the other devices, that attach to your cable box and stream over the internet to your mobile device
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy a pvr and watch it later.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    you want to stream it out to watch someplace else

buy a sling box, or one of the other devices, that attach to your cable box and stream over the internet to your mobile device
    Thanks, but I don't want to watch it myself. I want to send the stream to a server that I've developed that will ingest it and create video art with it.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!