VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,
    I have created a project with Encore CS5.1 containing a menu with three buttons for each different chapters. If I create a DVD with this project, it will runs perfectly, but if I create a Blu-ray with the same project, the menu doesnīt appears and the disk autoplay in the third chapter.
    This menu is marked as a "first play". Besides, with the "Preview" the authorize runs correctly, and with the "Test project" doesnīt exist errors.
    Where can be the mistake?
    I will be very gratefully for your helps. Iīm very disappointed with myself.
    Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. How are you playing the Blu Ray?

On a standalone player or one of the two decent paid software players (cyberlink and arcsoft) you should see the menu. If you're using VLC or MPC-HC or other free player, this behavior isn't unexpected.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you Smrpix for your quick answer.
    I play all my Blu-ray discs in the computer with an external Blu-ray burner unit (the same where I burn the blue-ray discs).
    I usually use the Windows Media Player and the VLC Media Player without problem so far. That Blu-ray project is the exception.
    Do you mean these programs arenīt able to play a Blu-ray disc properly?
    Quote Quote  
  4. WMM and VLC generally play only the main movie, no menus, etc. In your case the main movie appears to be chapter 3.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must test it with for example TMT or Powerdvd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vicentovsky View Post
    Thank you Smrpix for your quick answer.
    I play all my Blu-ray discs in the computer with an external Blu-ray burner unit (the same where I burn the blue-ray discs).
    I usually use the Windows Media Player and the VLC Media Player without problem so far. That Blu-ray project is the exception.
    Do you mean these programs arenīt able to play a Blu-ray disc properly?
    Yes, he means Windows Media Player and free players like VLC don't offer full Blu-Ray menu support. Most can only play the m2ts file containing the video. If there is any support for Blu-Ray menus at all, it is very limited. If you want full menu support, you need a commercial player (Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra, or Corel WinDVD Pro).

[Edit]Too slow, again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think I have found out the problem thanks of yours suggestions.
    I have tryed the Blu-ray disk in a PS3 and the menu have appeared happyly. The authoring runs perfectly.
    It was only a question of program player. The Windows Media Player and the VLC Media Player arenīt able to read a menu in a Blu-ray disk.
    I think this is an interesting experience for others.
    Thank you again for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seriously, If you want to see how your Blu-Ray structure will look like on a real Blu-Ray player, then only a real Blu-Ray player should be used for testing. S/W players should always be viewed with much skepticism.

I would think this would go without saying??????

Maybe it's just me......
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's just you,it's better to test it before burning so you don't waste your time and money on discs that don't work right.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  10. FYI VSO Media Player is a free player with some kind of menu allowing you to choose between titles for BD and not limited to only play the "main" movie.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That player won't show any menus,it just shows a crappy list that don't match.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    It's just you,it's better to test it before burning so you don't waste your time and money on discs that don't work right.
    That's true, but the OP used Encore to author and it has a built-in preview player with full navigation support. That is the only s/w player I would trust if I were him. Sony DVD Author also has such player. It's the best way to test all navigation features like popup menus and such.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!