VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm sure this is a super easy questions for some of the pro's here..
    I'm simply trying to copy some of my purchased DVD's (southpark) to another DVD. I find my currnet collections are getting old and skipping.

I'm even willing to spend a little money buying something if it's easy and simple to use. I purchased a program about a year ago, paid $50 for it and it did nothing. My DVD are 10 plus years old.

Any help would be great ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1. Decrypt using AnyDVD
    2. Rip whole disc to ISO using ISOBuster
    3. Burn ISO to blank DL disc using ImgBurn

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/bdlot_dvd_iso_master.html

If your DVDs really are 10 plus years old, the above will do the same for free. Might even do modern ones.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Chadsharpe View Post
    My DVD are 10 plus years old.
    For DVDs that old, recent anti-copy protections would not be a concern.

Your simplest method would be to use the old (free) DVDShrink, which can decrypt and transcode to a smaller size (to fit a single-layer blank). Go down the DVDShrink page to get the version that can automatically burn the output with ImgBurn. Can't get any simpler than that.

If you come across a disc Shrink can't handle, *then* you'd need a newer decrypter that's updated regularly.

If you're particular about quality, use DVDDecrypter and DVDRebuilder instead . (Shrink transcodes, DVDRB re-encodes.)
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't use dvdshrink to shrink any dvd unless it was 90% or over,i shrunk dvds with dvdshrink with discs at 70% and less and when i got my first hdtv those shrunken dvds looked like crap with a lot of artifacts,i then used handbrake on the same original dvds at cq rf-16 and the difference was dramatic.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDDecrypter will work if they're that old (DVDFab if DVDDecrypter fails). You'll need to use DVDshrink to fit them on DVD-R disc (if it's over 4.3 GB) and burn with either DVDDecrypter, IMGburn or Nero.

Here is a guide using DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink...

http://sheerboredom.net/2008/07/16/dvd-backup-guide/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I wouldn't use dvdshrink to shrink any dvd unless it was 90% or over,i shrunk dvds with dvdshrink with discs at 70% and less and when i got my first hdtv those shrunken dvds looked like crap with a lot of artifacts,i then used handbrake on the same original dvds at cq rf-16 and the difference was dramatic.
    Yeah, I don't back-up DVDs to DVD-R anymore. All are converted to x264.mkv, stored on a WD MyBook and played with my WDTV.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Chadsharpe, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the responses..

I've downloaded the trial version of AnyDVD, how do i decrypt the the DVD? There is no decrypt button or function that i can find using the AnyDVD program.

For my own basic knowledge, decrypting is required why?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make a folder to rip disk too, Start AnyDVD, Insert your DVD into the DVD drive, AnyDVD will start reading the disk, In your bottom task bar you will see a fox icon for AnyDVD, Right click on icon an chose rip video to hard drive, A box will appear, Just chose the drive at top of box that your movie is in then chose your folder in the bottom space bar where to save too.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yep

Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    1. Decrypt using AnyDVD
    2. Rip whole disc to ISO using ISOBuster
    3. Burn ISO to blank DL disc using ImgBurn

Scott
    Skip step 2 and use anydvd to rip directly to an ISO.

But as others have noticed, if he is ripping 10+ year old dvds, he won't need anydvd and can probably get away with just using DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!