VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As I have recently bought my Avermedia LGP for recording gameplay videos on my computer, I have quickly realized after I got it that I needed an hdmi output to get the thing working. So to compensate the lack of one I bought an VGA to HDMI converter.

It worked for my HD flatscreen tv, and even when it was going through the avermedia itself to the tv. But when it tries to preview the screen or record it, it just presents a black screen. I have done everything it says on the tutorial for the mode "current pc", duplicate the screen, set all the cables, done, but nothing works in the end.

It rarely works on the preview screen before recording, but when that happens the preview screen updates in a strange way. ( Like an old projector not going through the film quick enough. )

I don't know what to do, I have tried multiple things before posting, searching through the internet but I can't find anything. So if anyone knows what is wrong please tell me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you check the recoding is there any video in it?.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Have you check the recoding is there any video in it?.
    Nope. Just an audio file when I'm trying to record with the thing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There shouldn't be a just audio file there should be a mp4 or ts file which is audio/video file
    DBL check and make sure your in PC Mode and not in Stand Along mode there switch side of the device Watch this Video Clip
    There could be something wrong with the device it self you should try test A/V input the Component Video/Stereo Audio Dongle Cable by using it on some else just be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It was set on pc mode when I tested it, and I know the Avermedia LGP is not broken, tested on it before on my friends computer, and on a ps3 with the computer I have. And the converter itself isn't broken either.

It was an mp4/ts but the sound could be only be played, no visual, it didn't even try to show the video part ( Black Screen ), just a note/sound ( What you call it ) icon.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had black screen issues and managed to solve them with the video below... Hope this helps others to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_gOusH1jE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are a few reason why it maybe not be working
    You didn't set up you video card right so as there are a few way of doing this

1: Clone Mode with only using a HDMI cable fro you Video card and not using the HDMI output this work best with older Monitor with only RGB/DVI support that do not have HDMI or can not support DVI to HDMI Cable.
    On your Gaming PC, right click on your Windows desktop and select Screen resolution.
    Under Display you should see HD PVR2 in the drop down menu.
    Select what ever is listed as Recording device.
    Under Resolution, set to either 1920x1080 or 1280x720
    Under Multiple displays, set to Duplicate these displays.

2: With DVI to HDMI Cable or just a reg HDMI cable you must set your Desktop Resolution, set to either 720x480 or 1280x720 or 1920x1080 and if your still get a Blank/Black Screen then your monitor dose not support 720x480p, 720p nor 1080p

Note: in some device you can get away with 640x480 all way 1920x1080 resolution but only work with HD-PVR Rocket and doesn't case about the Resolution as much.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Well I have a BenQ GL2460 It only has vga input and DVI-D I brought a Hdmi to Dvi-D cable but I get the black screen when using the output from the LGP... Im pretty sure my monitor supports 1080p as that's what I game in so I doubt its because the monitor don't support 1080p I just think the LGP is broken or something... I am in the middle of returning it for a refund I have had it for around a week and a half and nothing works with it ... I can use it with just 1 hdmi setup via gpu to LGP input but the screen tearing because the device is connected is insane... when the device is unplugged no screen tearing from anygame but the second I connect it the LGP gives me a big F**k you... So no idea what else to do but return it.,.. I believe the issue is my device is not supporting 60fps correctly I may change over to Elgato HD60... I tried to use LGP's stream software and even that dont work I was trying to stream to twitch after setting it all up and the stream comes online then goes off then on again then off... over and over again its crap..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The info I give you is for Hauppauge Colossus, HD-PVR 2 and HD-PVR Rocket and the same should apply all other device like it as well even the Elgato model.
    It could be your using the wrong pixel format witch need be RGB 4:4:4 Standard or you not do GPU scaling it hard to say what could be.
    After all if the device you have work is work with a PS3 or Xbox 360 there should be no reason for it not to work on the PC unless something is not set right.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh I forgot something you must have audio going to the device this can also cause it not work and end up with black screen
    Your PC right click on the Speaker icon on the taskbar and select Playback device.
    In Playback devices find your HDMI connection it should say Device Name or Digital audio (HDMI).
    Right click and select Set as default device.

or

PC Headphone or Speakers with HDMI audio output
    1: Right click on the Sound Mixer in the task bar click on Recording Device
    2: You should see a Stereo Mix right click on it go to Properties
    3: In drop down you need enable "HD PVR 2 (High Definition Audio)" or what ever the case my be.
    4: Check the box Listen to this device.
    Now it dose it simultaneously output on both Headphone/Speaker and HDMI audio output at the same time.
    Last edited by SHS; 18th Feb 2015 at 11:11.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!