VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I have recently bought my Avermedia LGP for recording gameplay videos on my computer, I have quickly realized after I got it that I needed an hdmi output to get the thing working. So to compensate the lack of one I bought an VGA to HDMI converter.

It worked for my HD flatscreen tv, and even when it was going through the avermedia itself to the tv. But when it tries to preview the screen or record it, it just presents a black screen. I have done everything it says on the tutorial for the mode "current pc", duplicate the screen, set all the cables, done, but nothing works in the end.

It rarely works on the preview screen before recording, but when that happens the preview screen updates in a strange way. ( Like an old projector not going through the film quick enough. )

I don't know what to do, I have tried multiple things before posting, searching through the internet but I can't find anything. So if anyone knows what is wrong please tell me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you check the recoding is there any video in it?.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    Have you check the recoding is there any video in it?.
    Nope. Just an audio file when I'm trying to record with the thing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There shouldn't be a just audio file there should be a mp4 or ts file which is audio/video file
    DBL check and make sure your in PC Mode and not in Stand Along mode there switch side of the device Watch this Video Clip
    There could be something wrong with the device it self you should try test A/V input the Component Video/Stereo Audio Dongle Cable by using it on some else just be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It was set on pc mode when I tested it, and I know the Avermedia LGP is not broken, tested on it before on my friends computer, and on a ps3 with the computer I have. And the converter itself isn't broken either.

It was an mp4/ts but the sound could be only be played, no visual, it didn't even try to show the video part ( Black Screen ), just a note/sound ( What you call it ) icon.
    Quote Quote