VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI all,
    I'm looking for another program to use when creating / editing / saving / opening Cue files associated with
    Audio CD's.

I created an elaborate compilation, 29 songs, sources are WAV, mp3, and Flac . I'm burning a regular redbook CD.

However, after setting up the cue, with custom entered CD text and pregap info and saving it,
    IMGburn does not honor the CD text and pregap info I entered earlier when I re-open - I either have to enter
    everything again or find another burning program.

I've seen CDburnerXP mentioned, anybody have any recommendations ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When I need CDText, I use Prassi Ones.....but I have no idea how or if it works with CUE files....or CUE files created in another software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try Burrrn. They say it's great burning Audio CDs.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. One of the best and free: Exact Audio Copy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If I need it, good ole' CDRWin does it all (assuming you can get it to work on new OSes & devices). I'm surprised, though. I've never seen ImgBurn have difficulty. You should send a message to LightningUK (creator of ImgBurn), as he seems to be pretty responsive to suggestions.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If I need it, good ole' CDRWin does it all (assuming you can get it to work on new OSes & devices). I'm surprised, though. I've never seen ImgBurn have difficulty. You should send a message to LightningUK (creator of ImgBurn), as he seems to be pretty responsive to suggestions.

Scott
    Scott -
    I was a little surprised to see LUK is aware of it, as posts on his forum and his replies attest to.

The support is half there. With his editor you can create CD text and pre-gap for each track and it will be
    used when you burn the project if you do it all at once.
    The problem arises when you save the cue, and attempt to reuse it later, either as-is or to modify it before burning.
    Gap and text info (although correctly present in the cue file) is simply not reread back into IMGburn
    so it all has to be manually re-added - Why he left it like this is anybody's guess.

I remember CDRWIN from about 10 years ago. The author was pulling his hair out due to the pirating of his program.

For now I have installed CDburnerXP, seems OK; you have to watch out for opencandy during the install.
    I may well uninstall it and try some of the other suggestions. Where can one find CDRWIN ? It was never free, was it?
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Some hours ago, I was going to suggest,
    "mount a virtual drive with Daemon Tools Lite", then "run a disc copy".
    And immediately afterwards, I remembered ImgBurn cannot do a direct disc copy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Some hours ago, I was going to suggest,
    "mount a virtual drive with Daemon Tools Lite", then "run a disc copy".
    And immediately afterwards, I remembered ImgBurn cannot do a direct disc copy
    This is an interesting idea. Assuming Daemon-tools can properly read the cue file, one could use Imgburn to create an ISO from the virtual CD,
    and then burn that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, Daemon Tools is one of the uncommon programs that support the .CUE+.WAV format.

Most "virtual-drive" applications support only the .CUE+.BIN type
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 3rd Aug 2014 at 19:48. Reason: vocabulary :-)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Try Burrrn. They say it's great burning Audio CDs.
    Yup, Burrrn should have no problem.
    http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4
    Put NBC's Ed on Blu-ray!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wrong about Imgburn, let me set the record straight. If you open an existing cue, Imgburn does honor
    any pregap or text when you burn the disk. It's only Imgburn's cue editor that ignores them if you re-open the existing cue for editing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ahh!
    But that makes some sense, IMO. I would think that cue editor was meant to create stuff from scratch, not re-edit something already generated, so it probably isn't as full-featured (and might lose stuff along the way).
    You should probably let LightningUK know about it anyway. I'm sure he wants his app to be the best it can be. However, AudioCD-related stuff seems to be a lower priority with him (as per previous conversations), so it might take a while to improve.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Ahh!
    But that makes some sense, IMO. I would think that cue editor was meant to create stuff from scratch, not re-edit something already generated, so it probably isn't as full-featured (and might lose stuff along the way).
    You should probably let LightningUK know about it anyway. I'm sure he wants his app to be the best it can be. However, AudioCD-related stuff seems to be a lower priority with him (as per previous conversations), so it might take a while to improve.

Scott
    Hi Scott,
    at least now I can uninstall CDburnerXP. You can get an idea of LUK's mindset from looking at his response
    in this thread. I would say it's a very low priority, based on his attitude:
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/6809-cant-edit-cue-file/

There's at least one other thread where somebody requests this as an enhancement to the product.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!